Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok looking for a few ideas on what I can do cheap or free to open my bike up more. I have the thing completely apart now and looking to do some dress up and tune up mods. To wake the bike up. First ducati so anything would help me out on ideas.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
MWR 2 Piece Air Filter About $90, Get a good Programmable ECU, I use MicroTec($750 Used), Also could get some bigger air runners to open up the intake.. Usually they are about 2-400, but there is a totally Carbon EVR Box thats about 2-3k.. Also, get a full exhaust and then get it tuned.. That is about it for us with the 1198.. Other then upgrading the internals and such.. I just had my engine get pulled and get blueprinted for my 15k mile service and it runs better then it ever has.. I love the thing.. It was about 3-4k, but the service was gonna be about 1.5k.. And not to mention I heard a bearing starting to go out, so its really your choice.. Another cool mod is getting the Rizoma Timing Belt Cover thats clear.. Goodluck Fella! I realize some of this is expensive, but I would say the filters helped me a lot and you could also just open up your intakes your self when you change out the filters.. Would require heat and something to make shove down the intake plenum to make it larger.. Either way.. Have fun man!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. Some good things that I can look into. I definitely like the two piece air box since the stock is a pain to get out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have the bike torn apart and while doing so I decided to check the exhaust and intake ports. And on the Valves I have a good gunk build up on them. Not sure what from, but any recommendations on what to do, as adding fuel additives or anything? 7200 miles on it

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Without going crazy, there are a few keys to recapturing some of that lost power.

- Larger intake runners
- More free flowing air filter
- Larger diameter "racing" exhaust (with no cat)
- Cam timing (set it back to Ducati OEM spec is sometimes enough)
- Fueling (send out ECU to get remapped or buy an aftermarket ECU and map it yourself)

I've had the 2 piece EVR box, wouldn't ever do it again. They're not well made and are super fragile.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the price of the evr box you figure it would be great. But that's why I ask see where people dislike or had things fail. I did see the two piece filters. And they seem to seal up nice. And a few other odds and ends.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
For the price of the evr box you figure it would be great.
It doesn't have filter holders because it only accepts their proprietary larger runners, so normal filters don't fit. None of the holes and mounts are drilled properly, so you have to patch them and re-drill them (very challenging with carbon fiber). The clamshell opening is very nice, but it's not worth the money. Plus, the stock box has been used in racing without a problem forever… in my eyes, if they don't need it, we don't. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a good statement to go by. I just called my local ducati dealer they are going to do my ecu. And plus a few other things on order now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts