Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 06 Speed triple with transmission problems and a local shop has a 2008 hypermotard 1100s for sale for $6500. I went in asking about repairing my Triumph but also asked about the ducati. here is the link to the craigslist ad.

2008 DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S

Seems like a good deal but almost too good what do you think? Has anyone seen this color combo or has the side fairings been painted?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 08 Hyper 1100 a couple of months ago & Love it !! By far the most fun bike and all around best bike I've ever owned. I looked at the one on Craigslist you posted. A few questions I would have about it:
1- did the service include a valve adjustment
2- I know it says "clean title" but it has mismatched tank & it's missing
the stock hand guards / mirrors.

Good Luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the market at buying a 2008 Hypermotard 1100.
But have been warned that ducati's are very delicate bikes and can have serious costly problems.
I do all my maintenance myself (mechanically) I am just really worried about electronics.
I don't want to be slapped with large bills for diagnostics or electronics that fail.

Please give me your honest opinions.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Modern electronics on Ducati are now as reliable as any other out there I reckon Craig. Plus the Hypers are one of the simplest from an electronic point of view. Nothing 'delicate' about the two 1100 Evo SP Hypers I have been working with. I have thrashed the daylights out of mine for 28000km's and it's as good as the day I bought it. Thrashing another one mercilessly at the racetrack as well...... tough as an old boot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts