Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my bike the other day I noticed a battery connector on the right hand rear side for a battery charger. Which type of connector is it for, a Optimate or Accumen type or are they both the same. I'm scouring Ebay at the moment for a bargain.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
A picture of the connector would help but I'll put money on it being a standard male/female connector used by most companies that produce battery tenders and small automatic chargers. It's very rare for a dealer to put an odd ball brand charger lead on a bike but ya never know!!

We had a local dealer about 5yrs ago try to drum up accessory sales by putting a specific heated clothing brand lead on the bikes they were selling. Customer would come back trying to figure out what brand he needed and of course the dealer would sell the matching trickle charger and heated vest........at a very inflated price.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Tecmate Hands Down!!

Andru-

You drafted a VERY good question here my friend. Like everything else on our bikes, we all have opinions on stuff like this and I wanted to share my "Opinion" with you if I may?

Please take a read of this thread on this forum, and Post #5 which was my reply post to it all.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/916-996-998-748/58230-748-charging.html
I have had the absolute BEST experience with Tecmate, and meeting and still communicating with this VP makes it so much better overall. He was so incredibly gracious to me back when it was "donated" to me awhile back, and is the nicest guy one would ever meet. Feel free to contact him and use my name as well. SO- my opinion is that Tecmate is hands down the most superior Battery Maintainer & Life of your bike which will save the battery forever! As stated in my post of this thread - I still have my OEM Battery in my 1199 Tricolore!

Best wishes in your choice and PM me if you would like any other info my friend! :D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sorry- here"s the pics !

Andru-

You drafted a VERY good question here my friend. Like everything else on our bikes, we all have opinions on stuff like this and I wanted to share my "Opinion" with you if I may?

Please take a read of this thread on this forum, and Post #5 which was my reply post to it all.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/916-996-998-748/58230-748-charging.html
I have had the absolute BEST experience with Tecmate, and meeting and still communicating with this VP makes it so much better overall. He was so incredibly gracious to me back when it was "donated" to me awhile back, and is the nicest guy one would ever meet. Feel free to contact him and use my name as well. SO- my opinion is that Tecmate is hands down the most superior Battery Maintainer & Life of your bike which will save the battery forever! As stated in my post of this thread - I still have my OEM Battery in my 1199 Tricolore!

Best wishes in your choice and PM me if you would like any other info my friend! :D
Here are the pics of my Optimate 4 and the charge port ends for you. Hope that helps some?

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks all for your input and pictures. I'm finally getting around to have some spare time to check my connection properly. On closer inspection I can see it had 'Optimate' on the cover so that answers my own question,,,ooopppss.
That is an Optimate connector, but ...
Optimate have two different types of connector.
The connector in Gunny's post is also an Optimate, but isn't interchangeable with yours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks For that. Which model Optimate would I have to go for to match up with my connector?
I was looking on eBay for the Optimate 3+. Knowing my luck it'll be the new version 6 or something as expensive 😂

·
Registered
375 Posts
Combed all of CA for a 6MT B6 in red. Took about 6 months. Any modifications on yours? Definitely seems so.
Nothing crazy. I've had it since 2008 and for the past 4-5 years it's been the same. It's just a daily driver now.

Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. Used to be slammed but it's raised up quite a bit now
Solid adjustable upper control arms to eliminate camber
Stërn motor and engine mounts
034 snub mount
APR tune
Fast Intentions exhaust
Alphard wheels
Wrapped interior trim
Used to have JHM short shifter

Most of that is not really mods. I had more plans but kinda lost interest. What about you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very similar story. Bought mine in 2009.
-Forge Star Wheels 245s all around
-KW Coilovers v3
-neuspeed rear sway
-Stoptech lines/pads
-Upper control arms forgot brand but heavier duty replaced lowers too when I put the coil overs on, never had it lower than the pic.
-034 Snub mount
-Apikol rear diff mount
-JHM tune
-JHM intake spacers
-Piggie pipes (smog in ca)
- fast intentions non res CB
-JHM short shifter
- some other crap I'm forgetting

However she does not get driven too much anymore as my bike and Tacoma both get better gas mileage haha.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have absolutely no clue in the world what all these mods are on the car you spoke of right here-lol !!!! :)

A friend of mine was selling some 2008 "Evo" which I had no idea existed. LMFAO !
The list of mods was so extensive I had zero idea WTH it all was too. Whole new world for sure to say the least. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have absolutely no clue in the world what all these mods are on the car you spoke of right here-lol !!!! :)

A friend of mine was selling some 2008 "Evo" which I had no idea existed. LMFAO !
The list of mods was so extensive I had zero idea WTH it all was too. Whole new world for sure to say the least. :)
LOL! True, all modifications to try to keep up with a bike :violin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.