Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings-

there is a desmosedici RR for sale on ebay with all red bodywork. I thought all Desmosedici came with the red/white bodywork as standard? Can anyone advise whether this was correct or if the all red bodywork was actually a valid option? If so, then perhaps this is an aftermarket kit?

thanks kindly

martin/dallaslavowner

·
Registered
706 Posts
They came in 2 versions mate, the "Team" version which is the 1 you're talking about & the "Rosso" version which is all red with a white number board on the rear!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Good question indeed...they were produced to order & not in specific numbers of each! I'll try & find out tho, I'm curious now!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good question. Anecdotally, I think there are more team versions (the ones with the white stripe on the engine fairings and red tail). The rosso (all red except white on the tail) versions seem to be slightly less common.
But I am sure there is someone on the forum who has official figures, so perhaps I am talking crap.
I bought a rosso version, btw. More stylish IMHO !

·
Registered
475 Posts
Confirmed. I've got a set of stickers in the box of goodies that came with the bike.
Btw, speaking of stickers, one of the five or so Desmo owners here in Singapore has repainted the body work (tank, the lot) in Dovizioso's Ducati paint scheme. Having now seen the respray, based on weeks of effort by a local painter to match the colour, it's pretty damn cool.
Can't wait to see the finished effort once everything is refitted on the bike. It'll be going on number 500/1500.
I don't know the owner very well, so will wait to ask his permission before I take pics and post them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Greetings-

there is a desmosedici RR for sale on ebay with all red bodywork. I thought all Desmosedici came with the red/white bodywork as standard? Can anyone advise whether this was correct or if the all red bodywork was actually a valid option? If so, then perhaps this is an aftermarket kit?

thanks kindly

martin/dallaslavowner
Hello Martin.

As I know 300 "red Desmos" are produced all around the world.
Inside of each part of the fairing there is a production label
with date and number.

Regards form Germany

·
Registered
378 Posts
Interesting......

Mine is a team.....Im very happy with it of course...!

But the Rosso was my preferred colour scheme.......I may need to by another very red one........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts