Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride on my 848 09 model ...on tge freeway going hard in first gear now I smack the throttle down and got it to red line now the bike started to shake so I changed gear but I just wanna know is it normal and can you ride em out to red line or not ....(its my first duc)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Can you explain "started to shake"? Did the bike shake after you hit the redline? Did you hold the throttle past the redline? Or did it start shaking after you let off the throttle?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started to shake whem it red line as soon as I changed gear it was sweet ...with dukes do you have to chamge befor red line ?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The rev limit? Read the manual about the three little red lights and then the big one. The big one is max. Chill out until the book is read.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
With twins it's best if you shift before the final red light; you're moving beyond the power band at that point and it's not good for your engine. I like to shift at 8 or 9k when I'm cruising and at the 2nd red light when I'm getting on it. It ends up being smoother that way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With twins it's best if you shift before the final red light; you're moving beyond the power band at that point and it's not good for your engine. I like to shift at 8 or 9k when I'm cruising and at the 2nd red light when I'm getting on it. It ends up being smoother that way.
8 or 9k when cruising? hmm...I've been shifting at 6-7k when just cruising (commute to work). Is it better for the engine to shift at higher speeds?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
8 or 9k when cruising? hmm...I've been shifting at 6-7k when just cruising (commute to work). Is it better for the engine to shift at higher speeds?
Either way is OK. I just like to wind it out a bit because the power feels good.:naughty:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was told and I like the idea that its just cool factor not to have a defined "red" line just pick what you want. It's a racing bike its not going to hold you hand, and the company color is red, its fast.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I was told and I like the idea that its just cool factor not to have a defined "red" line just pick what you want. It's a racing bike its not going to hold you hand, and the company color is red, its fast.
I have no idea what the fuck your talking about! :wtf:

·
Registered
169 Posts
The rev limit? Read the manual about the three little red lights and then the big one. The big one is max. Chill out until the book is read.
Correct.
You are not riding an inline 4 anymore so you don't have luxury of wringing the neck of the bike.
Just keep an eye on the limiter and change accordingly.

d

·
Registered
817 Posts
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and guess that English is not your first language.

That being said... you are probably much better at speaking English then I am at your native language so I will assume that Google Translate failed for you in this instance.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and guess that English is not your first language.

That being said... you are probably much better at speaking English then I am at your native language so I will assume that Google Translate failed for you in this instance.
:yo:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well ive just gotten back from a nice day of riding did about 300KM today down the beach with the misses and some mates and started to under stand the bike now and man she has alot behind her when she gets going :D so happy to own a ducati 848

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yeah I was definitively shifting at 5-6 primarily because I'm brand new first service is due but yeah I heard they run smoother that way also shifting that high I probably eventually will being a bit of an aggressive rider.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here (myself included) but the 848 attracts a lot of n00b Ducati owners eh?

You seasoned Duc guys have good patience with us. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here (myself included) but the 848 attracts a lot of n00b Ducati owners eh?

You seasoned Duc guys have good patience with us. Cheers!
Well, it's doing what it was supposed to then. It's the first Ducati that I've actually been able to afford even though I've lusted after one for 12 years now.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately with more brand accessibility you let in some of the riffraff who want to add chrome parts, LEDs and stunt cages... then they ask us how to wheelie and then bitch because some magazine said the latest Yamahondakawazukie has 0.8 more HP if you wind it out to 16,000RPM.:jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts