Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what’s everyone think, under or through the fairings? Personally I have through ones on my 600RR and I don't feel that they take away from the looks of the bike. The big thing for me with the trough the fairing sliders is that I have dropped the bike off the rear stand before and the sliders saved the bike from any sort of damage. This has lead me to believe that through sliders are great protection on accidentally drops.

Jason

·
Registered
257 Posts
Personally, I would never put through sliders on any bike that wasn't a track specific bike. I would consider under though.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well like I said, I can tell you for a 100% fact that they help on drops.

Jason

·
Registered
112 Posts
Under the body frame sliders. I have them on my 749. I don't know about cutting into that beautiful fairing. Something just seems wrong aboout that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i'm going to put through the body on mine. i just feel they protect more. they saved a lot of damage to my gsx-r. nobody plans to go down but they can save a lot of damage. i think the aero ones look sharp from r&g but $300 is steep for frame sliders.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jlrogers said:
i'm going to put through the body on mine. i just feel they protect more. they saved a lot of damage to my gsx-r. nobody plans to go down but they can save a lot of damage. i think the aero ones look sharp from r&g but $300 is steep for frame sliders.
$300 for sliders?! Yeah dude, that is freakin’ expensive IMO!

You see the ones Speedy Moto offers? They look pretty solid…

Jason

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
I put pro tek thruow slides on my rc51, I like the look on yhe Honda.
Dont know what the 1098 will get yet?

·
Registered
56 Posts
jlrogers said:
i think the aero ones look sharp from r&g but $300 is steep for frame sliders.
does anyone have pics of these installed???

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, pix would be great.

Jason

·
Registered
181 Posts
here is the picture i found. they have been the best looking ones i have seen. BUT $300 is the best price i have found.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
jlrogers said:
here is the picture i found. they have been the best looking ones i have seen. BUT $300 is the best price i have found.
Is this through the frame?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
R&G's look nice IMO.

Jason

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spoke to one of the guys at Speedy Moto tonight, very nice, very informative. He said that on a zero drop, their sliders would offer a great amount of protection to the fairings as well as the tank. He said all the race bikes are running through the fairing sliders which offer an extra layer of protection (longer) than the under.

I don't know about you guys but I have dropped my Honda before off the rear stand and my frame sliders 100% saved my fairings. We all know that sliders are meant to protect the frame and not fairings but for that added layer of protection and from what I have seen, I am going through.

Jason

·
Registered
53 Posts
The lines are so clean on the 1098. I couldn't look at a hockey puck protruding from the side of it. I'm going w/ unders and letting insurance handle the rest (knock on wood). Besides, if you get a small scratch or a totally messed up fairing wouldn't you replace it either way?!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The point is with through, that will not even likely happen... At least it didn't on my 600RR. When you use your insurance, it goes up. Personally I don't think sliders look bad and they work, I know first hand.

Jason

1 - 20 of 28 Posts