Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm taking delivery of my first DUC next friday, 2013 Panigale R, a dream come true !
I plan to ride it on the street but also on track days.

I'd like to add a few protection items to help in case of drop or fall (frame sliders etc.) but I'm not sure what/where the panigale needs protection.

Can anyone help me by pointing out which protective pieces are most likely to be "effective" in case of a drop or slide . I'm a 20 year veteran riderbut a panigale noob at the moment...

Please no one post the usual "training wheels on a kid's bike" LMFAO !

Thank you in advance !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Congradulations on getting the 1199R it's a great bike! Nevermind some of whining about 1199R in other threads and Duc forums.

There's not a whole lot out there for the 1199 models yet, but parts are trickling in slowly. I have not used this companies parts yet though, but they sell a whole kit. The S ABS/Tri models should be pretty similar to your R for most parts.

Try:
Motowheels-Motorcycle Performance Products for Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, KTM - Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
BellissiMoto - Exotic Parts for the Beautiful Italian in your life.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out the following:

Woodcraft engine cover
Frame slider
Front axle slider
Tank sliders
Radiator guard

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sato frame-sliders.... but have to notch RG or GB case covers to fit properly with Sato's. or use a half style case cover

Case covers - which ever is your preference
Speedy Moto axle sliders... Front and Rear
DP or cox radiator shield....few other brands out there just as good

I'll post a pic for you in a few hours

·
Registered
81 Posts
The axle sliders are similar as before. The main problem is going to be the tank. There isn't really a frame slider out there that will offset the possibility of the tank hitting. . . I think r&g or someone else makes a carbon stick-on that will fit around the panigale tank, but probably only the non-R. The R tank is a bit different so not sure if it will fit the new R.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are the axle sliders necessary ?

I ask because I use pitbull stands and I kind of need the rear hole the axle sliders cover for my stands and transport...

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Ever fall ?

Rear ok ?
Not on the 1199 but the CF cover on my 1098 saved the swingarm from damage.

I tried using the sliders on the rear on both my 996R and 1098 but always took them off to put them on a stand and to trailer (using the Pitbull set-up). Eventually forgot to put them back on...

-M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts