Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bings are easy to service and not a bad carb. I once ripped crappy russian ones of my DNEPR side car and fitted Bings, problems sorted.

on a 650cc I would use 36mm Dellorto PHF (same as pantah) if you are going to fit bigger pistons and take it out to 750cc I would still stick to 36mm Dellorto of a pantah. Only if you go big valves and performance tuning would i contemplate going to 30 - 40mm

·
Registered
305 Posts
EFI is best, but can be finnicky to fit.

Bings were original equipment on the Indiana (not sure why, probably something to do with USA regulations as it was designed for US market so pretty rare elsewhere)

However the 650 engine was shared with the 650SL and the Elefant enduro and the same engine and crank/stroke became the 750 F1, just bigger slugs to take it to 750cc and all shared the 36 PHF

Tempting as the FCR will be you may find that angles for fitment may become an issue, it was for the TT2 (rear frame rail and angle) so opted for 41 Dellorto/Malossi

Have faith, 36 PHF will be the easiest, simplest and most reliable retrofit that is proven to work. So if riding rather then spannering is your thing that is the way forward.

Good luck and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not sure on the indiana frame (I presume you are not swapping out frames?) but FCR are a royal pain to try and fit on the older engines (was nice and easy on the later banked carb models)

Agree, get Bings going or go look at pantah delorto's (but check clearance)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.