Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently wear an A*s Celer jacket with kevlar jeans, and Sidi Vortices on the street. The problem is I eventually wear holes in the inner knees where I grip the tank(techspec snake skin grips). I'm getting tired of replacing kevlar jeans every year and am looking for an alternative.
I have a full leather suit for the track but it's not practical when riding to work or around town.

I'm thinking about textile pants like the Aerostitch AD1 but i'm not sure how well it'll match with my Celer jacket. Anyone have pictures of an aggressive leather jacket with textile/adventure pants?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picked up a Dainese pair and love them thus far. They fit me really well, have good protection for the knees and shins, and padding for the hip. I was in the same boat as you, have leathers for the track but didn't want to wear them every time I rode on the street and regular jeans don't protect at all and would disintegrate.

Dainese New Drake Air Textile Pants - RevZilla
I like how those look. any pics with a leather jacket?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I like how those look. any pics with a leather jacket?

I use a textile jacket, a* actually. As a matter of fact it does zip up to the pants but is not perfect. My next purchase is going to be a dainese textile jacket. Personally, leather is too hot and I have a full suit if need be.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a textile jacket, a* actually. As a matter of fact it does zip up to the pants but is not perfect. My next purchase is going to be a dainese textile jacket. Personally, leather is too hot and I have a full suit if need be.
The secret is to wear a compression base layer when it gets hot. I wear my leather jacket through the summer and it only gets bad when its 90's and i'm in NYC traffic.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
i have A*s, dainese, and underarmor. I find the A*s and dainese to be a little better under my leathers. i have bottoms as well. makes getting in and out of leather easier as well.

Thanks for the tip. I will look into getting some. Would you recommend a one piece or two piece? In hindsight I should have went with a two piece leather suit instead of a one piece

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip. I will look into getting some. Would you recommend a one piece or two piece? In hindsight I should have went with a two piece leather suit instead of a one piece
2 piece. makes it easier to get in and out lol. I have a 2 piece leather suit. This way i can use just the jacket portion with more casual bottoms.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I do the same thing- I use nike hot weather compression. Nothing special, but the tops and bottoms make it soo much easier to get in/out of my leathers. And I think they are a bit more sanitary for my leathers.

I also went the 2 piece leathers route. RS Taichi. Absolutley love them. And with the 2 piece you can get a better fit... I was able to pick the pants that fit the best, and match to the jacket that fit the best

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
908 Posts
For me prefer a one piece leather suit and a textile jacket, it gets damn hot and humid in southern Va , pretty fond of the mesh jackets too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts