Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity... Does anyone really leave those lights on? If so... How long would the battery support it and still turn on the bike? (Stock battery)

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
566 Posts
I definitely don't use it. No one I know ever uses it either. Just put it in the lock position and you will be fine. Just make sure you don't go too far and accidentally leave it in park mode. I've read stories on here that people leave their bike in park while they're at work or shopping or w/e and come out to find a dead bike.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yeah....accidentally done it a couple of times when parking at work. Only takes a few hrs to drain a battery too low to start the bike.
Yeppy. Back in 2003, the day I bought my Triumph Speed Triple (1st bike) and I was SO excited all day at work to get home and take her out... I get home and I had turned the fucking key too far back and it was dead as a doornail. I had no charger and had spent my last dime on the bike. I literally just stood there staring at the bike asking myself:
"why is this happening to me?''

·
Registered
239 Posts
Andrew, I feel your pain. I'd managed to leave my parking lights on when I made a trip to Austin. This was my first few days with the new 848 and I was so proud of it. I hopped on turned the key. Dead. I spent the next few hours trying to figure out what the hell happened when I realized it was my parking lights.

Eventually I was able to find my friends and have them push me through the parking garage and eventually successfully popped the clutch (much more difficult than in a car, the back end is so light I'd let the clutch out and the rear tire would lock up and skid. My buddy had to push and hop on with me). Also, I was nearly out of gas so I had to take it to fuel up. It hadn't quite charged enough to start up so we had to push start it AGAIN in front of what felt like the entire world.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My 1198 batteries struggle at the best of times. Few rides a week and a night on the tender most weeks. Wish I could turn the headlight off to help. No way would I ever leave any lights on.
you can turn the key to on, wait 60 sec or so and the lights will automatically go out. Maybe that would help with starting?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts