Yeah, had the same problem with two aftermarket fairings. They don't fit well at all. On one I could barely get the base of the lock to mount. Looks like the cover isn't fully seating which is exactly what I experienced. You could take a dremmel to either the cover or the tail fairing where it rubs so that it'll seat fully.
Bottom line, it's not fully seated in the back. You can see it in your video that it's not flush. You could always just press it in but then it'll be hard to open without prying. My suggestions are either modify it to fit or press fit it.
So I just went through the same thing with a set of fairings I had done up for me and discovered that the notched pin that locks the cowl down had only one side notched (the OEM is notched both sides) and was turned 180degrees so the actual catch was catching on nothing. I noticed slide marks on the wrong side and sure enough, the notch was on the wrong side. Took out the grinder and ground a slot on the other side leaving enough material in the center to keep it strong and viola!! It locks down now.
Not sure if yours is the same T but check to be sure the notch is cut on the same side as the catch.
A forum community dedicated to Ducati owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, performance, modifications, superbike racing, riding gear, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!