Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pepsi sprayed all over my gloves on my way to work. Soaked inside and out. I rinsed them but don’t know if I should do anything else to help preserve them.

Alpinestars SP X Air Carbon

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Use towels to soak up as much water as you can, put them on and take a ride to dry them more and then use a leather conditioner where they're almost/completely dry.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Rinse them out good, eliminate all Pepsi. Stuff with newspapers until dry.
Then hit with leather conditioner, Lexol, or something similar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Please tell me how you got Pepsi inside your gloves on the way to work ? I just can’t picture that scenario.

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please tell me how you got Pepsi inside your gloves on the way to work ? I just can’t picture that scenario.

It was 34* on my way to work yesterday so I threw a Pepsi and my summer street gloves along with a few other things into the top case in my Monster. Apparently I was riding a little to spirited on my way and the soda exploded.

Washed them with water. Put on coffee cups upright to dry then ride with them still damp. When I got home I put them on a boot dryer then conditioned them late last night. Seem to be ok this morning

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
We have to work on your street cred here a bit. Story should have read more along the lines of, You were out riding when you were happened upon by these three lovely moto-crazed women who needed your assistance, and ended with and in the end I was left with an empty bottle of bourbon and one glove full of pepsi. You CPA's need to work on your creativity! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts