Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Ya that's a hell of a lean angle for being your 2nd track day only. Don't rush into it...it's cheaper to learn at a more gradual pace.

Oh and the photographer took 87 pictures of just that crash (so several seconds)?? Holy crap!! How many photos did he have for the whole day then???

· Registered
8,735 Posts
That doesn't surprise me Zoot, but you take pictures at pro racing events...this was a track day. We have some local photographers that take pictures at our local track days, but it's usually just a few hundred for the whole weekend...I think...who knows how many they actually take and then delete.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Oh ooops...i misunderstood that. Then don't worry about it, I won't preach to a guy that's been doing this longer than I have :eek:

· Registered
8,735 Posts
yeah that shit ads up quick. when I had my crash, it did somewhere around $6000 worth of damages (at least)...I turned it into a track bike for about $1200. No sense in replacing parts that just have a little scratch. They ad EVERYTHING in estimates though.

Reactions: robertv

· Registered
8,735 Posts
He did it just for show. I tried it out last weekend as well...I mostly did it for the pit lane guys to have a good laugh (i'm not that fast) :D...unfortunately nobody saw it. And no, it didn't make me faster or feel more confident.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Hook turn technique. :)

Gets just a little more weight over the front to shorten trail midcorner-thus tightening the turn-without adding any additional (and potentially upsetting) bar input.
The typical way of going through a decreasing radius turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.