Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
:) Thanks for sharing , very nice pics !!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike is just fine, just need to upgrade the front forks which is hopefully being done this week.

On track it was every bit as quick as R1's and K5/6'S

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
I am with TexasKid, I will be looking for a RXR for a photo op.
I hope the shutter speed on my Wifes disposible Kodak will catch it.
Madracer must have spent time writeing for a cycle mag.
Thanks for the info, and good luck at the race.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brilliant Madracer! They're the best pics I've seen yet!
Good luck with the racing season. I live about 5 miles from Oulton Park so I might bob down in September and see you fly (if my 1098 turns up by then).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice report. I saw that you complained about the suspension on the bike. Can you give more details on this? How does it compare to the stock suspension on say the 996 or 998. I will be using the 1098 (when I get it) strictly for race/track duty, just wondering if I should just wait and get a 1098S (long line) instead.
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The main problem was that the forks bottomed out when braking very hard from high speed, I am getting a 20mm conversion done by a British firm K-Tech and will report back. Hope it works as my next outing on the bike will be this years first race meeting at Croft on 31st March. I have not had the pleasure of the 996 or 998 so cannot compare.
A friend of mine is racing the 1098s in the British Superstock Cup series and he is changing the suspension, both types it seems are not really up to race spec.
Will be putting a report of the race weekend on my web site hopefully with good news of the forks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts