Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my 2010 Multistrada and as I was fiddling with buttons I pushed the center button in front of the tank and it started asking me for a pin code which of course I don't have. Is that something that I can reset to a code I choose? If so, how do I go about doing that? I also just downloaded the owners manual, maybe I find the answer in there but its quite extensive and it'll take a while to dig through . . .

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just had a look in my User Guide... there is nothing about PIN 'recovery'/'override'. Always assuming there was one entered by a previous owner. You might get lucky... possibly it has never had a PIN entry prior to your ownership. Look in the manual and try the 'initial' PIN entry. If that doesn't work, you will have to consult a Ducati dealer...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Try the last four digits of the VIN. Or... 0000, 0001, 1111, 1234...

Have read that a Ducati dlr can, in fact, reset the PIN for you. Probably charge you an hour labour though...

Good luck!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
other dealer. I'm going to contact him and find out if he's got a way to get the pin from the previous owner. If not, Ducati dealer will be my next stop

·
Registered
331 Posts
PIN has to be reset with DDS, Ducati service tool.
Looks that way...the user manual states that only a Ducati dlr can reset the PIN.

sixfive... I was thinking if you purchased from a Duc dlr, you might be able to convince them to give you a fresh PIN at no cost to you...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts