Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Used it a few times. Very easy to apply. No prep work needed. Maybe a quick wipe down. Apply a few coats and you'll be good. Apply to one fairing then to the next and by time you get to the last fairing you can start applying another coat to the first and so on.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Think of plasti dip as rubbery plastic stuff in a spray can. Does not ruin the paint, much easier to apply than regular spray paint, and you don't need to be a pro at spray painting to make it look good. I've done it to my car's badges/emblems and am very satisfied with how it worked.

Check out how-to videos on YouTube and make sure to thoroughly wash the area with soap and water.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did the head light bezel on my M796 and it has held up like new for 2 years. It will cure harder with time but i still don't wash it with any more than a high pressure hose and a light touch with a sponge. I don't want to start a tear in the rubber that could lead to peeling.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm an avid plasti dip user. Dipped all kinds of shit in the past with great results. On track bodywork on a 848, though, it didn't really work out too well. There were some areas where your leather rubs against it, especially while racing when you're constantly moving around the bike, and it instantly peels off and makes it look like shit. Even with 5-6 coats + protective layer, it only takes one contact with your leather/pucks for it to peel. Fender and tail held up great, though.
If you do take the plasti dip route, Simple Green is the best product to clean it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the head light bezel on my M796 and it has held up like new for 2 years. It will cure harder with time but i still don't wash it with any more than a high pressure hose and a light touch with a sponge. I don't want to start a tear in the rubber that could lead to peeling.
I'm thinking of using plasti dip for my rims, do you think sit will last that long?? Cheers

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Love plastidip!! Works awesome in areas that you aren't going to be rubbing against. I did my stock fairings last year for a few track days to protect some of the paint from rider debris!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.