Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So before i waste my time unscrewing the wrong cable, which one is the accel cable? If i am looking at where the cables connect into the throttle, there is one on top and one on bottom (they are right on top of each other vertically), guessing the top is accel?

· Court Jester
12,127 Posts
So before i waste my time unscrewing the wrong cable, which one is the accel cable? If i am looking at where the cables connect into the throttle, there is one on top and one on bottom (they are right on top of each other vertically), guessing the top is accel?
I can't answer this I just picked one :(

· Registered
226 Posts
If the bike has been dropped on the throttle side clip-on it can sometimes damage or break the cable ends that lead into throttle tube. You can tell because one of the cables will flop around inside the throttle tube boot and the cable housing can be pulled out without much resistance. This can lead erratic throttle response and depending on the cable end that broke can cause the engine to throttling up at the handlebar lock position - not good.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.