Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an 09 Ducati 848 and oh my god I completely love it haha only thing I was considering is trying to get a 1048 but that's another story haha... Anyway recently while driving the lights and tach backlight just shuts off the turn signals and high beam doesn't work yet the taillight is fine. I've searched through a couple posts and people are stated that there was a recall for a regulator awhile back. What I want to know is do you all think that is the problem and how will I know if my bike went through the recall? If it hasn't am I able to still get that done for free? Or is it something I will have to buy the part for and take care of myself? I hate not being able to drive at night because of the fear that I won't see :/ :blind: sooooo any help please and thank you in advance :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Voltage regulator. Very common issue that was subject to a recall. Simple fix. Search the many threads on this topic: symptoms, replacement parts, how-to, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there are open recalls for my specific bike do they not have to fix them? If I'm not mistaken the recall includes a battery heat shield which I don't think mine has

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If the bike continues to run OK during the time when the lights shut off, it's not a problem with the voltage regulator. Theres a loose electrical connection somewhere.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As the VR failed in my '10 848, the bike ran prefectly. Just the electrical accessories became intermittant.

I'm not an engineer but based on my personal experience and what I've read in various threads on the topic, I'll respectfully disagree with the post above.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As the VR failed in my '10 848, the bike ran prefectly. Just the electrical accessories became intermittant.

I'm not an engineer but based on my personal experience and what I've read in various threads on the topic, I'll respectfully disagree with the post above.
I think I might have to too. I've seen a lot on a VR yet the bike runs perfect so hopefully ill be taking it to the bike shop soon to see if it has a recall to take car of. Is there anyway to see online if it has an open recall? Maybe by vin?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think I might have to too. I've seen a lot on a VR yet the bike runs perfect so hopefully ill be taking it to the bike shop soon to see if it has a recall to take car of. Is there anyway to see online if it has an open recall? Maybe by vin?
Give this a try...
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

It wouldn't look up my VIN because my bike is Euro spec and the site said DNA doesn't recognize my VIN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts