Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
888 - fitted with 2 valve 1100 engine

This is my 888 (Corse frame, ex Edwin Weibel) with an 1100cc 2 valve engine, using carbs. It took some time to get the ignition right, but she is now ready for the track again.

Had to replace the swingarm after a sprocket bolt came loose which damaged it :(

The bike weighs around 135kg, very happy with the result!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
that's really nice.

I had the pleasure of riding Bevan's 888 a few years ago. My SS was in for service and he said to take that.

Farken scared the shit out of me. His bike, beaut 888, for sale.. Gee I was tempted. was really glad to get it back to him safely and in one piece.

Pleasure to ride though

·
Registered
12 Posts
i will look forward to seeing the finished product looks great so far
thanks,had not much time to continue on the bike.
i just put some radial clutch and brake levers on it.
next thing is to put the carbon airbox and carbon fuel tank on it.
as soon as i do something i post some new pictures off it.

henk!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is my 888 (Corse frame, ex Edwin Weibel) with an 1100cc 2 valve engine, using carbs. It took some time to get the ignition right, but she is now ready for the track again.

Had to replace the swingarm after a sprocket bolt came loose which damaged it :(

The bike weighs around 135kg, very happy with the result!
great looking bike,i saw it in assen at the DCR.
i have a carbon brake pedal myself,but you bike was the first i saw with a carbon gear shift lever.

henk!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Riding season is over, I didn't ride much at all this season, so of course I'm jonesing after a new Ducati now cuz you know, I may as well have more bikes sitting around I never ride. And why not bump a five year old thread while I'm at it?

Speaking of bikes I don't ride - Here's one I picked up almost two years ago now. Bought it from the second owner who put about 500 miles on it in the 10 years he had it. When I bought my first bike (1991) this was what I REALLY wanted but I bought a 907ie instead. Flash forward 25 years and I decided it was time so here it is. When I bought it I was going to leave it stock. Then before I had even ridden it, a work crew damaged the tank. Then it turned into the problem child. Came home on a trailer way too often. So I decided to make a few minor mods. Here it is after spending WAY too much time mounting some Termi slip ons.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts