Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 821 but am thinking of two mods to help with the handling. I'm curious to read about anyone's experiences. I've done some googling but not a lot comes up...

Power commander - who has done this? Have you seen a notable difference in performance? I note that the power delivered with the throttle is not very linear - it's almost like there's a delay before you get power (as you initially twist). There's also a weird thing that happens sometimes at around 4-5000 rpm where she feels rough or stuttery.

Andreani adjustable cartridge kit - It really annoys me that they didn't put adjustable front suspension in this bike. She definitely is not smooth with any pavement that is not smooth... and then even if it is, or on the track, she dives quite a bit with braking, even if done smoothly. She doesn't feel rooted to the ground if that makes sense - squishy.

I've read a bit more about the cartridge kit, and it seems like that is worth it but I'd love to hear your experiences. Basically, are either/both worth it, and which you'd think is the priority? (I'm thinking cartridge?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went with the cartridge kit, will be checking out exhausts and power commander next.

The cartridge kit is worth it's weight in gold. Even riding home from the shop I could feel that it was much less squishy and a better ride. Highly recommended for anyone who is contemplating it, or is annoyed with the front suspension especially during spirited rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.