Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1 inch risers installed and use the pulled back position but I swear I'm starting to feel the onset of carpel tunnel when I ride.
Does anyone use grips that are larger diameter in the middle and if so are they more comfortable?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Lots

There are so many different grips out there its like a needle in haystack!

What you will get here is a huge number of opinions on ones that work for different riders so eventually you will have to take a shot on 1-2 and see what works for you best. The stock ones are surely the worst when it comes to comfort so you def need to look around.

I tried these and found them to be pretty good, I even got the Model 3 ones with the wrist rest thing on them which is used like a little cruise control function on throttle side! :)

BellissiMoto - Domino Grips and Throttle Controls

The other models are good too, but like i said, its just one of many to look at!

The good thing is that they are not too pricey and you can afford to buy a few sets to see which ones you like best, and return the ones you dont. Best of luck man!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right gunny. I did some looking around on the internet today and ordered a pair of foam grips that may work for me. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I bought a pair of foam grips in the shape I was looking for and so far have been pleased with them. I believe my main reason for discomfort was due to the rearward angle of the risers. When I installed them years ago I angled them back for a little more upright sitting position.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Oh Yeah!

I installed these on my 1199 and then ended up putting them on my ST4S and Streetfighter because of the comfort, traction, durability and shape. It has a nice tapered shape that feels right. These were designed for and used on the Ducati Pike Peak bikes

SPIDER GRIPS Peak Road Grip

Wow. These are actually very good looking and I think I will order me a pair to try out. If I may ask - what makes them special for the Pikes Peak bike? Do they have some sort of anti vibration compound in them for "off road" or rough roads? ***OK - so i just read the details on them off your site so disregard that question. :(

What I couldnt tell is whether or not they are open or closed end grips - and I dont think that was noted in description (or i missed it) hence if one has bar ends which they would need to fit over ya know?

Thanks guys! Hello to Martin too!! :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wow. These are actually very good looking and I think I will order me a pair to try out. If I may ask - what makes them special for the Pikes Peak bike? Do they have some sort of anti vibration compound in them for "off road" or rough roads? ***OK - so i just read the details on them off your site so disregard that question. :(

What I couldnt tell is whether or not they are open or closed end grips - and I dont think that was noted in description (or i missed it) hence if one has bar ends which they would need to fit over ya know?

Thanks guys! Hello to Martin too!! :)
They are open end grips Gunny. You can mount any kind of bar end or brake guard with them. They also have the throttle tube portion that overlaps the throttle tube for a perfect OEM fit. I'm on my 2nd set right now and love them enough to order a 3rd set for next season. I like the conical shape and the texture is just right! They are also cheap enough that if you don't like them you can take them off and try something else.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz
1 - 7 of 7 Posts