Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Second post here:

I am faced with a bit of a dilemma, i currently reside in a property that has an open air garage (has a roof and locking roller door but no walls, only picket fences dividing the properties.
What is the best way to look after my new Ducati?

Dust Cover? All weather cover? I kept my yammy out there under an all weather cover but still found in some instances evidence of surface rust of both front and rear disc brakes. Is there any particular way i can avoid this from occurring? Is there anyone on here that stores there bike under similar circumstances and has any points of wisdom they'd like to share?

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
133 Posts
look into a motorcycle shelter. instead of having the bottom of the bike open to the elements from a regular cover, a shelter has a flooring that almost makes a seal when the cover is closed. you could also get a small shed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1 on the speedway shelter. I recently purchased my first house (that does not have a garage yet) and I bought one of those. For the winter, I also zipped the bike up in a Zerust anti-corrosive motorcycle cover for moisture and the combination worked like a charm. I bought it on amazon for 70 bucks I think. http://www.amazon.com/Zerust-13050-Small-Anti-Corrosive-Motorcycle/dp/B00H1R35RA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434112041&sr=8-3&keywords=Zerust+motorcycle+cover. For the speedway shelter, I did notice that if it's warm out and you get a heavy rain, a lot of condensation will build up on the inside of the cover. It does have two vents that Velcro shut on the sides, you just have to remember to go open the vents after it rains. I bought the shelter on Amazon as well (gotta love Prime).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've had a look at both recommendations and I've just ordered a Zerust cover - most practical approach for my circumstances. Hopefully it will keep my baby nice and dry.
On a more important note - I picked it up this morning. Put 150kms on it straight away! And I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole damn time. This is one serious machine and couldn't be happier. I honestly don't know how people talk down the SF, maybe its my body proportions, but to me its such a comfortable ride and just the right amount of punch. About the only thing i could fault was that the HUD is a little low in your field of vision - and that's hardly something to complain about. And the sixth gear on the freeways...heaven!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.