Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had about 75 miles riding with my newly installed slip on so thought I'd give you guys my impressions of it.

Fitting:

Really easy to install - instructions are given and there are a few install videos on Youtube. Took about 10 mins.

Quality:

It looks great and matches the bike well with carbon and titanium a plenty. Can't complain for the price, and looks like it'll last ages.

Performance:

I was worried, like many of you that there is a reason that Termis come with the race ecu programming, but so far the Project SC Conic is fine.

It crackles a little on deceleration - but the standard pipes do that, and feels a little bit lumpier at low revs but for me that's character and the noise is awesome.

My wheelies seem better with it on but that might just be me!

Noise:

I did put the included baffle in for testing, didn't feel it did much to be honest so I put it back in the box!

It's quiet enough when you're not revving which makes commuting tolerable for the neighbours and work colleagues but has more bark than standard with more of a deep bass sound to ensure cars know you're coming.

The Project SC website describes the exhaust note as "gloomy"!

Right foot issues:

To be honest right foot issues were noticeable but not a problem for me with the standard exhaust.

This slip on does take up less room though, and comes with a built in fitted carbon heel guard. If I want to feel the heel guard I can find it with my heel but for my riding sporty and otherwise it's simply not an issue (Size 9 uk boots)

Overall:

If the Termis had been cheaper then I would have gone for it instead of this one. This exhaust though is a really good quality option and I'm not regretting it at all. I now have no desire to "upgrade" to the termis either.

Pics (taken before I removed the baffle):

Attachments

Reactions: Aberz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good feedback!! Nice pictures!

I went with the CR-T and the my monster is now alive.

Price for the Termis wasn't an issue for me however the Termis looked just the same as the original though sounded "alive" and louder. The CR-T sounded very "alive and awake", louder, deeper and more of my style.

SC-Project exhausts are very well made.

PS - this is my first post, though I have been registered and reading a lot on this forums since May 2015 when I got my 2015 Monster 821.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there any fixings back to the bike other than the header pipe alone?

Looks great and will consider getting this as it seems better value than anything else.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mr beeks, how loud is the CRT? Is it tolerable? How is it on idle? I don't want to disturb the neighbors when I come home late at 12mn.

Thank you.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The exhaust is locked to the header by the exhaust clamp thing (like a cable tie but metal and with a screw) The silencer then is connected by 3 springs to the mid pipe. Then the silencer is bolted to the rear footrest bracket.

so it's not going anywhere - same way the original is connected.

Here is an install video:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Draquine - I love the CR-T, the noise is fine as long as it's not revving and letting go and revving. The neighbors will hear you and know you're going by but it won't shake their house. I love it and so far I have received thumbs up from both old and young people. I will say get CR-T and you won't regret it and the neighbors will be fine. Best of all your monster will come alive and it's fine on long rides, just wear ear plugs cause you will find yourself enjoying the sound more than the ride :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Draquine - I love the CR-T, the noise is fine as long as it's not revving and letting go and revving. The neighbors will hear you and know you're going by but it won't shake their house. I love it and so far I have received thumbs up from both old and young people. I will say get CR-T and you won't regret it and the neighbors will be fine. Best of all your monster will come alive and it's fine on long rides, just wear ear plugs cause you will find yourself enjoying the sound more than the ride :)
I'm not a fan of the CR-T pipe, looks like a baked bean tin and much prefer the conic shape but understand the CR-T might make a louder sound due to it being shorter.

Also seems odd that they charge more for the CR-T pipe?

I wish the conic came in a black carbon like they sell for the 1200, seems odd that they're not interchangeable?

SC-Project Shop Ducati - MONSTER 1200 / S - MATT CARBON OVAL SILENCER

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The carbon 1200 silencer link pipe is totally different but yeah, you'd think the diameter of the pipe is the same so why not make the actual silencer interchangeable.

It might be interchangeable but I can't see how many springs are needed for the carbon one. They look like 2 springs would match up at least!

You'd think the CR-T is less material so it should be cheaper!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the SC PROJECT CRT shorty and the dealer is telling me that i have to do an ECU flash to get the engine light to stop randomly appearing. anyone else have this issue

·
Registered
115 Posts
I also have SC conic on my m821. Loving it so far.
Great sound. Without baffle, it's quite louder than stock , and with good bass. When down shift with throttle blipping to red light, the backfire pop sound like gunshot and would scare the crap out of pedestrians

Look is subjective. I think the low profile design with titanium fit the bike quite well.

I have booster plug on my bike. A little extra fuel does help the bottom end when using slip on exhaust like this ( I tried it with and without booster plug ). Backfire happens a bit more often and predictable than stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've searched and searched and have not found a definitive answer on whether this exhaust needs an ECU flash or tune or whatever. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had this on my bike since I got it. I've not had a reflash or tune and it's all good.

I still love it and it looks as it did when I installed it.

The removable baffle is useful for trackdays but it's a bit of a pain to fit and refit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had this on my bike since I got it. I've not had a reflash or tune and it's all good.

I still love it and it looks as it did when I installed it.

The removable baffle is useful for trackdays but it's a bit of a pain to fit and refit.
Thanks for the quick reply! I think this is the exhaust I'm going with. :yo:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the SC PROJECT CRT shorty and the dealer is telling me that i have to do an ECU flash to get the engine light to stop randomly appearing. anyone else have this issue

All I can say is that your bike will run better with a ECU flash or a Rapidbike unit.
Lot's of info on the topic in the M1200 threads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts