Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm about to purchase a 2013 Diavel. I would like to know everyone's pros and cons about the bike, tips, custom looks or how to lighten the bike some. Give me all of it. TIA!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 2012 Diavel Red Carbon. 95000 kms.
Of course, it would depend on the condition, service record. Plus all the recalls have been taken care of. Price.
What comes to mind. Coolant, Brake and clutch fluid. Side stand has been changed. Mine fell over. Broke.
Rear brake, with many it just did not work. You really need to use the rear brake. Bleed it. Then was just fine.
Finding the correct gear has not always been perfect. Specially neutral. For me it is only a small inconvience.
Generally, absolutely love the bike.Has everything I need. Power, comfort. Good gas mileage. Average 40 `ish, in kilometeres.Canadian Eh!
To lose weight. Not to be personal. It is a common question. First look at your general health.
Then dump the muffler. I bought the Werks. New brake levers. Windshield, Puig. Shorai battery.
Not just to lose the weight but bolt on goodies.
Had the seat altered for comfort.
Tyres are an expense. New for me every season.
Not a cheap bike to run but their is no price for a big smile on your face.
What size bike are you coming from?
I am sure there are other riders out here can probably add to this list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2012 Diavel Red Carbon. 95000 kms.
Of course, it would depend on the condition, service record. Plus all the recalls have been taken care of. Price.
What comes to mind. Coolant, Brake and clutch fluid. Side stand has been changed. Mine fell over. Broke.
Rear brake, with many it just did not work. You really need to use the rear brake. Bleed it. Then was just fine.
Finding the correct gear has not always been perfect. Specially neutral. For me it is only a small inconvience.
Generally, absolutely love the bike.Has everything I need. Power, comfort. Good gas mileage. Average 40 `ish, in kilometeres.Canadian Eh!
To lose weight. Not to be personal. It is a common question. First look at your general health.
Then dump the muffler. I bought the Werks. New brake levers. Windshield, Puig. Shorai battery.
Not just to lose the weight but bolt on goodies.
Had the seat altered for comfort.
Tyres are an expense. New for me every season.
Not a cheap bike to run but their is no price for a big smile on your face.
What size bike are you coming from?
I am sure there are other riders out here can probably add to this list.
I'm coming off a 2009 848, but I've owned several bikes big and small. I agree there is no price for a big smile. I just want to slightly improve a bike I know is already bad ass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts