·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. A lot more info should be popping up shortly as our dealers get them, sell them, test them, etc...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Double checked with MWR about the intake noise. He confirmed no tests have been done yet. He said that in Europe ALL 1199's are getting blackflagged for noise at track days. He gave me these figures:

A 1199 makes in std trim 102 db
With termi's & db kilers 104 db
With open termi's 108 db

It seems the exhaust is a bigger issue than the intake noise on the 1199... since the exhaust is quite loud and directed out the sides.

Will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the info Anthony.

I do find, however, that the 1199 is the bike that emits the most noise from the engine that I've ever ridden and, since it's mid-high to high frequencies, it travels further and faster than the low-mids and lows from the exhaust.

While riding, I definitely hear the engine much more than the exhaust (Termignoni cans only). It's certinaly more harsh (powerful mid-highs) than the 1098 was.

In any case, that's all related to the motor's design. The sound of the chain drive, mainly. Nothing that an air filter can remedy. I'm looking forward to trying this filter anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts