Ducati.org forum banner

Pulsation from front brakes

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bmcdonald 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered before. I did a quick search and found nothing.

I have a 2013 Corse SE with a little over 3000 miles on the ODO. and I've noticed from day 1 that theres a pulsation from the front brakes at low speed braking (parking lot speeds). I know its coming from the front cause theres no pulsation when using only the rear brake lever. I was wondering if anyone else has experience this or heard of anything.

A friend who has a 2013 EVO (non corse with smaller front brakes) has experience this. He has since replaced his front pads and tried bleeding his brake fluid. I'm not sure if this solved the problem.

I was just wondering if this is normal for all bikes of this bike in particular. Any info or feed back will be helpful. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
Generally pulsing in the breaks comes from the rotor. These bikes have floating rotors and the components which hold the rotor disk to the carrier can get stuck. This would put a pulsing into the brake lever. The fix for this is to simple flex the rotor against its floating assembly to make sure the "floater buttons" are actually doing their job properly. If you find one of the buttons not functioning, you can take some break cleaner and spray the area, then try again. Sometimes little rocks or simply break dust can cause the buttons to cease up.

#4 ·
yup i've always had this... used to think the rotors were warped but it doesn't affect me at high speeds or on the track.

weird part is, that there's nothing there haha. literally just a lever connected to a hydraulic line to the caliper. so it basically has to be a rotor issue

it has been a total mind fuck for me lol

#7 · (Edited)
He's right, in a way....

I do a little too much city stop start riding (mainly because I can't wait for the weekend most weeks and take her for a spin around town during the week a bit;) and according to my mechanic that's causing irregular build up of brake pad residue on the rotors causing it to pulse when low speed braking.

He said it's something that you have to live with if you ride around town and comes with having the best brakes on the face of the earth...a little over the top, maybe.

Was a relief as I thought I had warped rotors.

It improves if you give it some hard braking when on the backroads to shake off the brake pad build up which I've found, or if you track the bike, which I haven't

Probably other cures, I'm sure others more knowledgeable than I will chime in
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.