Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I need some opinions re a choice i have to make between two bikes. So says the treasurer.

One's a 2009 Multistrada 1100 with 11,000kms on the clock in mint condish. Hasnt been reg'oed in two years but the owner has kept it in under cover, on a trickle charger, and taking it for regular short trips around the block. He's throwing in a few goodies such as paddock stand, extra windshield and the zorst exhausts. Comes with the matching red side boxes.

The other a 2011 Multistrada 1200 with 82,000 kms - two side boxes and a top one. Has been looked after but has the normal wear and tear of a high km bike.

both similarly priced at 8,000 aus.

Half of me says buy the 1100 one with baby kms albeit not been ridden for 24 months ( almost like new), the other half of me says buy the newer model with the high kms that's been around the block or maybe around the country a few times. I dont know what dollars Im up for when the main services come up.

I haven't even started comparing the features and specs ( other than engine size ) between the two.

My riding is 90% road and 10% soft bush tracks. Nothing hard core. I'm looking for the most refined riding experience and something that can sit comfortably on the States limits for 3 + hours. Need the better handling steed as well, cause I like my spirited riding when hitting the tighter stuff. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
theres a 2010 with 45k for $8000, 1/2 the km's
on bike sales in nsw. just looked, i have no interest in the sale.
its got all the boxes and looks like a better deal, at face value.
mine is awesome in the bush.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres a 2010 with 45k for $8000, 1/2 the km's
on bike sales in nsw. just looked, i have no interest in the sale.
its got all the boxes and looks like a better deal, at face value.
mine is awesome in the bush.
got sold. Reckon it was a bait bike. thanks for the lead anyway

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
I wouldn’t buy either of those, keep looking and don’t be in too much hurry, wait for a 30 000km one. Just in the sweet spot of bugs out and run in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts