There are no cons. It's there just to pass some emission regulations. In some cases it has actually caused issues and been removed. Some people don't like the look and remove them just for that reason.
It looks out of place but in my opinion, it looks even weirder without it.
I am in Canada and a so that means that our units are preinstalled with that fugly Evap Cannister, but not needed by law.
Here are list of why people take it off:
1. UGLY looking
2. Causes vacuum on gas tank
3. Hard starting if ever Cannister gets clogged with gasoline.
4. Some says it causes deformation of the gas tank because of venting issues specially with the older model plastic tanks on the Monster. New tank is metal now so could eliminate that problem.
5. Extra half pound weight! If that really matters! Lol!
6. Only needed really to pass emission regulations in some States.
A forum community dedicated to Ducati owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, performance, modifications, superbike racing, riding gear, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!