Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to cleaning and waxing the OEM 899 fairings before I wrap them up and place them in storage (bike is a race bike). I have looked everywhere for some of the packing foam that comes in the form of a sheet with no success. All I can find is bubble wrap where I live. What are you guys packing your OEM fairings in to keep them protected for long term storage? Looking for some advice as I would like to keep the OEM fairings looking fresh in case I ever need them again. Silly question, I know I know...but I am meticulous about these things!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wrap them in these bad boys, and the layer of bubble wrap you already have. Make sure you tape edges because they're usually prone to dings and scratches.

http://www.amazon.com/UBOXES-Foam-Wrap-inches-thick/dp/B005K0A9WY

Don't think you'll have any issues with that procedure.

Hey, I don't blame you for making sure they stay pristine. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Bubble wrap works well.. And should do you fine.
I mold and cast fairings on the side.. And when I store or ship them? I use low tack painters tape over the plastic.. Under the wrap. Provides a little extra insurance for the oops factor. Applied around the edges and the high points. Has served me well.

Reactions: StevenAthas
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.