1,929 Posts
Bold my man.. Really BOLD predictions..
I suppose that my gut says..
Marquez..
Jorge..
Dovi..
Rossi..
Dani..
For the top 5.. Wouldn't mind being completely wrong though..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Damn right..
Like I said.. Would be happy to see you correct, and enjoy another nice lunch. Comes down to race craft..
If Dovi is really hungry? Perhaps..
I just expect Marquez to want to remind people that he is still the guy to beat...
Exciting times indeed..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Nobody knows how fast the GP15 is......

It could happen......
Don't get your hopes up.

I'm sure the Andrea's will do better then they have in the past, but I don't believe either of them is physically capable of beating Marquez in a heads-up battle in dry conditions, it takes a Lorenzo or Rossi to do that. Even though the GP15 appears to be a HUGE leap forward, at that high of a level it's really down to the rider.

It's sure going to be an exciting season, can't wait for proceedings to get started!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I went on record on FB the other day:

1) Marquez
2) Rossi
3) Ianonne

Let the games begin!
Ianonne is more a of a Saturday guy than a Sunday guy at the moment. I don't see him finishing in front of Dovi or Pedrosa, and definitely not in front of Lorenzo.

We all know Losail is not Pedrosa's favorite so he always struggles there, leaving me with this prediction:

1. Marquez
2. Lorenzo
3. Rossi

However I also get this feeling that one of those 3 is going to crash or have some sort of issue that will set him back so we'll see what happens. A podium is possible for Dovi...time will tell.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I like the optimism and ballsiness of people here lol

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I apologise.....I was in a humorous mood last night....(wine induced)

Looking at FP1 its not looking like my predictions will come true......:(

I haven't watched it yet but apparently Marquez was fast straight out of the box.....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Marc's fastest lap in Qatar was 1'54 so his FP1 run was not pushed to his limits yet. Again, the spaniard is not going to show anything unless he really need to. My guess for this season to beat is still Marc and unfortunately he is hungry and it will be a long time until someone beats him.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joeii......after reading again.....I get it.....Womb....Box....I get it.......I think...!

Looking at these first times again......I think the boys on the GP15's where sand bagging.......

Not that Petrucci is slow....but he was fastest Ducati also the Suzuki was third fastest.......bit of a surprise.......

I'm still holding out for a podium for one of the GP15's........

Although I'm totally engrossed in the early times......they mean nothing.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
FP1 pretty much never means anything, unless FP 2, 3, and 4 get rained out.

All those top guys are capable of running 1:54s so neither of them is pushing 100% from the get go. After FP3 we'll get a better idea, and in quali we'll get a good idea of how much everyone is holding back at the moment ;)

Reactions: WERA689

·
Administrator
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Sad to see if that's the case...it's not like this a sport with a long waiting line for other teams to enter. Can't afford to lose teams!

On a side note...Crutchlow doing pretty good on that Honda...not good for Ducati :(

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.