Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking at pipes for my 1000sie and reckon if im gonna spend bucks on them i dont want to have to ditch them if the bike comes a cropper with the hard stuff. im thinking tuck em out of the way so they dont. wats the go with these ex-box's. i reckon they look cool, but has anyone heard one on a 1000 ? can anyone give me some idea if there any good or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah rite, they would look shit if they got smacked around. i like the idea, but maybe just pipes side by side poking out in front of the back wheel would be the go.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I had one on trial for the 696. Looked sweet, but had two problems:

1: Clearance - I found I was grinding the tips off the lower outlet on hard left hand corners (albeit, on the track)

2: Horsepower. I had the bike dyno'd, and with the ex-box, it made less than stock. There's no substitute for exhaust gas flow. I then put some Termi's on it - and made gains over the stock cans.

Apart from those two drawbacks - they were damn sexy and got a lot of positive comments from onlookers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies guys.....i reckon im gonna ditch the idea. thinks ill go for an under seat config with termies.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts