Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. I’m new to the forum. I’ve had my 2018 1200 for all of 3 months. I love the bike. I’m looking to get an exhaust and I’m just about locked in on a QD slip-on and possibly the mid-pipe. Does anyone have any experience with this brand for the current generation? I can’t find much info on where to get the most reliable software and I don’t see any reviews. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A buddy has a set on his Multi and love's it. Although I'm very pleased with the SC-Project on my Monster, I certainly would have considered QD's had I known about them at the time. No mid pipe to deal with on a Monster as the Cat's are in the tail end. Notwithstanding, I you do go cat-less, as most do, you will need to re-balance the AFR through an ECU flash or a RapidBike unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the QD on my 2017 1200, absolutely love them. Awesome look, different from the Termignoni that everyone around here has. The sound is lovely, a nice bark and a fair bit louder than stock, without being completely obnoxious. Pops and bangs a lot on the stock tune but I love it!
As mentioned above, you don't need the mid pipe as the cats are inside each muffler on these models.
Here are some pics of mine:
https://imgur.com/a/fKmqdvJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks gorgeous. I was told the carbon was unavailable for the 2018. Only the titanium option was available for mine.

Are your headers stock? The color seems different than the stock headers. I was fighting with the idea of different headers so that the metals matches. See the picture below for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you use the Rapidbike for your SC project?
I actually had the ECU flashed by Rexxer. If I were to do it again, I would use a Rapidbike as it's more customizable, portable and you don't need to ship your ECU. I'm also very familiar with RB as I still have one sitting on the bench in my garage that was pulled from my previous Panigale.
https://imgur.com/vwwQhAt

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks gorgeous. I was told the carbon was unavailable for the 2018. Only the titanium option was available for mine.

Are your headers stock? The color seems different than the stock headers. I was fighting with the idea of different headers so that the metals matches. See the picture below for reference.
Hey sorry for the lack of a reply, I didn't get an email notification!

Yeah the headers are stock, but in that pic they'd been recently polished so they look more silver. Unfortunately after polishing them they only stay that way for a few days before discolouring.

Interesting that they don't have the carbon option available, I'd be 99% certain they are the same as the 2017 model, unless they are just out of stock of them completely?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it seems that they only have the twin titanium gunshot on their website. After checking out more videos, the single gunshot has a gorgeous deep growl, I found one on bellisimoto. Now Im torn between the better looking dual or better sounding single...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts