Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if those who went with a newer model are happier. To be honest I love the 848 because of the single sided swing arm and trelus frame. In my opinion they look better and like the idea of the exhaust under the seat opposed to below belly.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
248 Posts
http://www.ducati.org/forums/899/57...rrent-848-evo-steath-vs-buying-new-899-a.html

Ducati 899 vs. 848 review after 1,500 miles - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

that said, it's almost impossible to get an objective review from owners - there's WAY too much confirmation bias in people who owned the 848 then bought an 899. your best bet is finding back-to-back moto mag reviews. my personal feeling is, owning an 848, that i would upgrade to the next iteration - i.e. whatever the successor to the 1199/1299 is based on. hell, after the 959, it'll probably be a 1L anyway...unless they go the I4/V4 route?

is the 899, all things considered, a better bike? sure. is it "better enough" to warrant dumping an 848? not in my eyes (and yeah, i've ridden both).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have owned and tracked both as well as raced. The stock geometry of the 899 is far superior to that of the 848 without modification when it comes to on track riding/racing. The brake calipers on the 848 are better in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.