Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 1098 and it has a pcIII, but i am in the process of putting a new tail on it. I dont really fancy cutting the new tail to do it the easy way.

I guess i could remove the whole thing and put it back on, but that looks like kind of a pain in the arse.

Has anyone else thought about using some sort of automotive style plug? Something like a molex connector or such.

·
Registered
303 Posts
On my 1098S, my PCIIIusb I mounted under the seat, zip tied twice (there are 2 notches on the PCIIIusb for this) to the sub frame, the black painted frame. It sits nicely in there. If I need to access it for whatever reason, I simply take the seat off, plug the USB cable in, and I am fine.

the concern you have is EXACTLY the reason why I didnt put it in the tail.
Other people on this forum or ducati.ms I saw mounted theirs on the side under the mid fairing. I didnt feel like doing that, the seat seemed easier and less fuss. It truly is a piece of cake to access. Also... the Dynojet quickshifter (which I have) the cable isnt super long, so it actually fits real well going to the PCIII under the seat.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I put mine next to the battery box and ran a USB cable up into the tail compartment. So when I wanted to make map changes, there was easy access right there. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I put mine next to the battery box and ran a USB cable up into the tail compartment. So when I wanted to make map changes, there was easy access right there. :)
cool idea. I have room in my battery box since i went to a Shorai. however, my race tail is single piece, no access without taking it off, so for me that wouldn't work, but for someone with an OEM Style could easily do this, or mount it as I did under the seat, and run the USB cable to the tail section. Seriously though how often do you ever use the USB cable? I had my bike dyno tuned, set my QS and never once used it since :)

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
If you don't need to access the USB cable, then there is no reason to put the piggyback fueling system anywhere else but right next to the ECU. :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts