Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
The best quick shifters are reverse shift direct attach levers. For some reason they have the best feel to them and as a consequence, function the best.

The pull version for standard shift patter with a link, doesn't work quite as well. There is slack in the system and if you don't get the actuation of the switch matched up to the clicking of the gears, it can shift horribly.

The Ducati performance pull shifter from the Ducati 1198 Corse, is probably the one I'd run. The Bazzaz/Power Commander ones are garbage. The Ducati Performance one is very easy to setup, few knob twists and a plug and play into the CAN bus. The connector is empty on the harness, ready to plug it in. The problem is, Ducati discontinued it a few years ago, so it may be hard to find new. But used, shouldn't be a problem if you look around.

For street use, I wouldn't bother with a quick shifter, especially on a high power bike like the 1098. I think you'd find it annoying for around town use. For the track of course, there are benefits using standard shift.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info I just looked at the translogic website anyone have one? I don't do any round town riding so that's not to much of a issue.

·
Registered
528 Posts
David, I researched available stand-alone quickshifters earlier this year for my 09' 848 and ended up purchasing an HM Quickshifter Plus. This unit was the most expensive of the five that I compared, but it provides you with the most flexibility. For example, you can set it up for standard shifting or GP shifting. This is the only stand-alone qs that I found with this level of interchangability. You can also adjust the amount of pressure desired to activate the ignition cut and how long in miliseconds the cut lasts.

In my opinion the HM QS Plus is the way to go if you're not yet committed to one of the shift patterns (or you want to experiment between the two), and you don't mind spending a little more money. The translogic was a very close second and I'm sure it's a great product as well. Many riders on here have one.

Here are a few links for you--the first is a link to my Quickshifter thread from earlier this year, and the next two are HM QS install and track test videos that I put together during the project.

Good luck!

LINK TO DUCATI.ORG QUICKSHIFTER THREAD:
http://www.ducati.org/forums/848/56421-quickshifter-feedback.html

Install & Demo Video:

Test at the track (Mid-Ohio Race Track):

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the PCIIIusb on my 1098S with a custom map, reverse shift, and the Dynojet QS. My bike is a track bike and It seems to work perfectly for me. I adjusted the delay time to be most desirable effect and i just slam through the 2-6 gears. I typically do not use it for 1-2nd, but maybe others do. I just dont.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quick question, where can u wire the positive (red) of the quick shifter commandor to other than the battery positive. I know that ground goes to the battery negative terminal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts