Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm after a new slip on to replace the stock one. I bought the bike and it had some ghetto installed Yoshimura slip on that I've removed already.
Can anyone recommend some exhausts that aren't obnoxiously loud?

I've crossed off the Termis as they're too expensive and not a fan of dual pipes.
I absolutely love the look of the Competition Werkes, but I'm afraid it's extremely loud from reports even with the baffle.
The Akrapovic from reports I've read, they're not too loud.
Similar looking SC Project have a similar looking one called the SC1R, but I'm not too sure how loud they are.

Are there any other recommendations? I think I've seen a few others such as Mivv and Austin Racing, but haven't found anywhere to buy them from in Australia.
Would anyone be able to maybe order the slip on options from quietest to loudest?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
249 Posts
My SC Project conic has a removable baffle - which I put in for quiet track days.

it's less than 98dB with the baffle in. It's not obnoxiously loud with the baffle out IMO either.

The Competition Werkes, and the SC project CRT can's are a lot louder than the SC Project conic.

You could look at the Akra, Arrow, or the SC Project - The SC1R comes with a removable baffle so I'd get that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My SC Project conic has a removable baffle - which I put in for quiet track days.

it's less than 98dB with the baffle in. It's not obnoxiously loud with the baffle out IMO either.

The Competition Werkes, and the SC project CRT can's are a lot louder than the SC Project conic.

You could look at the Akra, Arrow, or the SC Project - The SC1R comes with a removable baffle so I'd get that.
Thanks for the reply Neils.
I might have to eye off the Akra or SCP SC1R. I can't seem to find the Arrow online available to be shipped to Australia.
Strangely enough the Akra will be cheaper than the SCP. Would never have thought that (even with the silly 'add-on' pipe that should be included).

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a homologated SC-Project Carbon Conic and with the baffle removed it's 97db at idle and 100db at 2000 rpm measured using the SAE J2825 standard.
With the baffle in (Euro 3) , it's not much louder than stock Euro 4 exhaust that came with the bike.
The new SC-Project sound homologated unit is Euro 4 with baffle in. Very high quality build and looks great IMO. Homologated is the operative word and it's measured with the baffle in therefore you have a choice. . Those model stating "racing Only" are very loud and usually (not always) without baffle available.

https://shop.sc-project.com/en-CA/Bike_DUCATI_MONSTER-821-2018-2019-/2230_SCP-D25A-91-SC1-R-Muffler.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a homologated SC-Project Carbon Conic and with the baffle removed it's 97db at idle and 100db at 2000 rpm measured using the SAE J2825 standard.
With the baffle in (Euro 3) , it's not much louder than stock Euro 4 exhaust that came with the bike.
The new SC-Project sound homologated unit is Euro 4 with baffle in. Very high quality build and looks great IMO. Homologated is the operative word and it's measured with the baffle in therefore you have a choice. . Those model stating "racing Only" are very loud and usually (not always) without baffle available.

https://shop.sc-project.com/en-CA/Bike_DUCATI_MONSTER-821-2018-2019-/2230_SCP-D25A-91-SC1-R-Muffler.htm
Thanks DarR. Sounds like the SC1R should be fairly polite. I'm starting to eye them off, they're about $1400AUD locally.

Has anyone heard or experienced MIVV slip ons? I'm not familiar with them, but I'm stumbled across their Delta Race. Looks similar to the Akra and SC1R, but at a far friendly price. About $600 landed, so at least 50% cheaper than the Akra or SCP :eek:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I rode on an akrapovic for a week...it was considerably more tame than the stock...didn't pop or gurgle...no dramas... definitely neighbor friendly...keeping the exhaust flap connected will help with the noise when your just putting about too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys.
Ended up pulling the trigger on a MIVV Delta Race. Was far cheaper than an Akra ($600 v $1200).
Will update on how it sounds once it arrives. Thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts