Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some R&G bar ends and install them but I am not 100% sure they correctly fit the 1098. The problem I am having (which may not be problem at all) is that the bar ends do not sit flush. If you look at the first picture provided you will see that the bar end has a smaller inner diameter. I was thinking that would fit inside the bars but it doesn't, it sits flush with them. Now is this to avoid the throttle from sticking or is something not right here?

In the last picture the bar end is fulley inserted.

Jason

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dibs said:
That would seem logical (to keep the throttle from sticking). They sure are tackey looking though. I guess functionality is not always pretty.
Tackey? Hmmm... Maybe. LOL! Guess you didn't have too good of a look at the ones currently on your bike have you? ;)

Jason

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Grand Duc said:
Is that like a throtlle master....a cruse control or is it to reduce vibration in the handlebar....or just cosmetic ?
None of the above. They are bar end sliders from R&G, crash protection. The ends are nylon and replaceable if needed. The stock bar ends are useless, they will not protect the levers much if at all in a crash or drop.

Jason

Bar End Sliders
"R&G bar-end protectors are made from steel and high-density nylon which are a direct replacement of the original manufactured item. Our range of bar-end sliders is growing fast and they can be fitted in seconds. Should you drop or crash your bike, the end of your bar is likely to be scraped, even if you have been wise enough to have fitted our frame and fairing crash protectors. They are designed not to snap off on impact and produced to protect your bar end and upper fairing/screen in most crash situations."

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also... Don't get me wrong here guys... The second picture is not the bar end fully inserted. It is only example of me sliding it in. I guess this could be clouding the issue a little since I am taking pictures from two different sides of the bike. The only thing I was concerned about is the last picture. Both sides look the same as the last picture when they are fully inserted.

Jason

· Registered
134 Posts
Visitor Q said:
Tackey? Hmmm... Maybe. LOL! Guess you didn't have too good of a look at the ones currently on your bike have you? ;)

Jason
Jason, correct me if I'm wrong but are they not also supposed to aid in the decrease of vibration like someone else stated? I agree that the stock one are no better looking; I'm just not sure what I think about them sticking out so far. But, if they didn't they would not do the job they were designed to do.

· Registered
81 Posts
I like them and have been looking all over for long ones. The last pic looks fine. Even if you fell or dropped it, that little gap (less than a 1/16'') isn't going to make a difference in impact. Where did you get them and how much did they cost if you don't mind me asking? :)

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
risdaone said:
I like them and have been looking all over for long ones. The last pic looks fine. Even if you fell or dropped it, that little gap (less than a 1/16'') isn't going to make a difference in impact. Where did you get them and how much did they cost if you don't mind me asking? :)
www.ema-usa.com

$38

Guys are great, helpful and very nice to deal with on the phone.

Dibs said:
I'm just not sure what I think about them sticking out so far. But, if they didn't they would not do the job they were designed to do.
Exactly... If it does anything other than protect the bike it's news to me and I have not rode the bike yet with them on.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.