Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my brother is looking to do his first track day on his Ninja 650R this weekend. He is dead broke so he needs a set of take-offs. Where can I go to get a set of 120/160's? In the past... Way in the past I would use sportbikes.net or my local forum. Well SBN is closed down pretty much and I'm having a hard time finding a pair on my local forum. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Or just tell him to use the current tires he's got on. First track day + ninja 650 = not a very fast pace....don't worry about tires. As long as they're not completely bald, he'll be fine.

Reactions: vfrman

·
Registered
902 Posts
so looks like its a good time to be a awesome brother and get him a set of tires. Then he "owes you one" haha

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
sounds like he needs a set of tires regardless of track day or not if they're already shot. what's the point of buying a set of race take-offs, and then have to buy another set anyway? might as well just buy a new set of good street tires and they'll last for a track day and several thousand miles after that

·
Registered
765 Posts
sounds like he needs a set of tires regardless of track day or not if they're already shot. what's the point of buying a set of race take-offs, and then have to buy another set anyway? might as well just buy a new set of good street tires and they'll last for a track day and several thousand miles after that
Because racebike. Duh

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Preaching to the choir...

Tell that to my brother... He is the guy that always goes the cheapest way out. Hopefully that doesn't catch up with him one day...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gunny... Honestly man any price is way too much for my brother. That being said I personally need some stuff coming up soon so I will be hitting both of you up. Thanks for passing it along all the same.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Seriously?

SVRider. Take the fender off and use a 120/70. The bigger issue in the narrow rear.
The SV Rider site is awesome and I used it a lot when I was racing one too. However, in all my days I never had to remove the front fender to run a 120/70 and just curious on this?

Tried Bridgestone and Pirelli on it and always came back to the Pirelli's in the end (slicks and DOT) and luckily had the best connection that I used for several years. Sure miss that bike but very happy Phil is winning every WERA race he enters on it now - so it went to a good home and owner!

Pics are me but the video is Phil.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mentioned ditching the fender because I don't know if there's any clearance issues with stock fenders on the Ninja650 and 120/70's.

Actually, I never had a stock fender on either SV I had. The race fender I had on both my SV's were higher than stock as well.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Sharks

Cool. Hey did anyone happen to notice that the bodywork is NOT from a Suzuki?

It is Sharskinz (of course) that was initially on my Ducati 748R back when i raced CCS and done over by Sean from CCR (of course) quite a few times over the years! People would do a double take on it after seeing Ducati bodywork and the Suzuki tank. :)

Here is the same set of bodywork in its different schemes besides the American Flag one its still in now. Gotta love those Sharkskinz man!!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts