Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to source bracket(s) to move my radiator back to accommodate 28mm triples and 23.5 steering head angle? Or anyone have said brackets that they bought or custom made that could snap a pic or two to give me an idea? Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man, it's crickets everywhere on all the forums/facebook pages I've asked this question. That means either no one is running offset triples or the guys that are didn't have any clearance issues with the 23.5 steering angle.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The 30mm clamps with 23.5 degree rake and my big Dunlop tires, always hit the radiator. So I can't imagine running 28mm clamps, you'd be in big trouble. If you raise the whole bike up, you'll get a lot more clearance. I found that helped a great deal on the older bikes 916 series, but not quite sure what it would do on the 749/999. There really isn't a lot of room to bring the radiator back the head is kinda in the way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As far as I'm aware with the fork tubes <10mm from flush with 27mm @ 23.5 the front wheel will clear the oil cooler, just. For track bikes, everyone I've aware of that's tried to run 23.5deg w/<30mm has cut the crap out of the chin to get clearance. I'm running Sharkskin's with 27mm and never have been able to get the steering set at 23.5 to clear the lower chin, even at 24.5 it still rubs under heavy breaking tipped in. Never fully investigated moving the oil cooler back enough to clear for fear bodywork will fit like crap. Runners will prevent the upper from moving back, cluster will interfere with the windshield, fairing stays will require bending, new DZUS holes for both upper & lower and the list goes on. My suggestion would be before your next track day pull the bodywork, set the rake at 23.5 and spend the day with it. By the end of the day you'll probably know if its worth the effort.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to get my track fairings off this weekend and look at everything up close to see where room could be made anyways. If it came down to just making the chin of the track fairings fit, if that's the only difficulty, I'd be comfortable cutting them -- they're old anyways. Bottom line is I guess I need to do some inspecting.

I'm just trying to prepare as best as I can now to hopefully make the track setup as seamless as possible when I pick the bike up in a couple weeks. For now I can check things out on the 999.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts