Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got a my new 2015 Hyper. It's awesome and I don't regret it at all, but it is a little tall. My question is if a person loosened the triple clamps and moved the forks up, would it reduce the height of the bike and would it have any adverse effects ? Has anyone ever tried this?
I haven't tried on the Hypermotard. My friend bought a GSXR that was female driven and they reduced the height the same way for her. I got to road test the bike for just a few miles and it was terrible. The steering response was greatly increased and the bike felt squirrely. Just the slightest steering input would have the bike wanting to tip on the outermost edge of the tire. While their intention was to reduce the height for a female rider (and increase confidence), I think it did exactly the opposite. That motorcycle also had a lowering link in the rear so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

The hypermotard is too tall for me also. I just learn to straddle the bike with a passenger and keep the bike moving. Just have to becareful on windy days when stationary .. I almost lost a 700 lb cruiser that way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.