Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was browsing through the pictures of the Desmosedici and I noticed a very interesting feature of the rear swingarm. The shock is mounted upside-down and the mounts are contained within the bottom linkage and upper part of the swingarm - just like the Honda RC211V, etc. I thought this to be quite remarkable. The first single-sided race bike I think to ever be road-legal was the 1991 Honda RC30 - of which I once owned - and the first under seat exhaust I ever remember seeing was on the oval-piston NR500 from 1992 with a single-sided swingarm as well! Now we are seeing the placement of the rear shock inside the swingarm emulated as well. Trust me, I am a way bigger fan of Italian bikes than Japanese. I have owned 4 Japanese, 5 Italian bikes - that's like a 25% bigger fan right? Anyway, I just thought it was interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man These linkages these days are almost too damn much for me to wrap my head around.

Hell, I have a hard enough time understanding the benefit to all the different angles manufacturers used to put dual shocks at! LOL!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Word.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts