Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this was already covered, but I just went through the entire 1098 forum and didn't see it.

My 1098 tach is reading in Euro settings (km, celcius). Does anyone know how to get it to mph, etc? I didn't see anything in the manual on how to switch between the two.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just read through the manual and could not find it either. Sorry. I'm sure its and easy fix. I'd call you dealer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I figured it out after getting mine home. From a previous post I made:

Hold down the "A" button while switching on the ignition. This puts you into a sub-menu with 3 options which can be scrolled through using the A and B buttons. Go to the screen that says SET, hold the B button down for a couple of seconds. This will put you into the country menu, scroll 'til you find your country, then hold the B button down until 'mem' pops up showing that it has set into memory. Switch off the igntion it's done, the next key cycle the pack will come up with the country you selected.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If memory serves (verify this before doing it or do so at your own risk in other words)....push up selector switch and hold while turning key to on position....couple of menus in is country selection.....my termi was on UK be default and I saw the dealer do this....first menu was a code menu but we just scrolled past it to this....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Screen change metric to usa

I'm like you I don't see anything in the manual except on page 18 they mention a Setting Special function??!! It's too cold to go out and play w/the 109er tonite but maybe it's somewhere around the menu down button-- don't know might be one of those dealer deals

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks Viking! Thats some cool information! Now I want to try to hit top speed in both speeds! hehehehe

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is odd to me that your dealer didn't set that up for you???

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Tufduc said:
It is odd to me that your dealer didn't set that up for you???
Maybe it was just over looked, seems like a honest mistake to me.

Jason

·
Registered
179 Posts
vikingdrvr said:
I figured it out after getting mine home. From a previous post I made:

Hold down the "A" button while switching on the ignition. This puts you into a sub-menu with 3 options which can be scrolled through using the A and B buttons. Go to the screen that says SET, hold the B button down for a couple of seconds. This will put you into the country menu, scroll 'til you find your country, then hold the B button down until 'mem' pops up showing that it has set into memory. Switch off the igntion it's done, the next key cycle the pack will come up with the country you selected.
Good info!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's odd to me is they didn't set that up for me, AND they didn't give me an owner's manual and world-wide dealer list until a month later!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
rettags said:
What's odd to me is they didn't set that up for me, AND they didn't give me an owner's manual and world-wide dealer list until a month later!
Now that is kinda strange...

Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine was delivered the same way, in EU, that's why I had to figure it out once I had it home...& they didn't even set the clock. Granted, I was in a bit of a hurry to take the bike though :D so I don't really blame them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts