1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
and keeping with the DSSA.. meh :rlwhore:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Why would they put a Side-Mounted exhaust on this thing?

No Bueno... Ducati :rlwhore:
You can thank emissions for that...EURO 4 takes effect in 2016 in Europe...USA has another year before it takes effect...so you better get used to it... :)

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
You can thank emissions for that...EURO 4 takes effect in 2016 in Europe...USA has another year before it takes effect...so you better get used to it... :)
They rarely if ever enforce the law, it's illegal in WA state to modify any exhaust car or bike but everyone does it.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
They rarely if ever enforce the law, it's illegal in WA state to modify any exhaust car or bike but everyone does it.
I am not saying there are no ways around it...but even the aftermarket will face the same issues...they need to be EURO 4 compliant...hence the Akra for the 959 looks pretty much identical to the stock one.

I am not sure but I think exhausts for non-road use might not be required to be compliant...and hence might provide more interesting designs...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I visited the Ducati factory last year,
The Japan bound Panigale had ugly huge side mounted exhaust to meet their emissions and noise regulations.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That was the first thing I thought when I saw it. No way that would move into my garage with that ugly exhaust.
Makes my 848 even sexier than ever - if possible!

That's the European version. They get the ugly exhaust in order to meet new emissions standards. US gets the current under mount exhaust.

·
Registered
233 Posts
just my thoughts , yes its damn ugly and might be due to EU emissions but I thought Ducati had been bought by the VA Group so there emission claims could be pure bovine excrement , if that's the case you could fit after market exhaust system

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why is that they do not use a single sided swinarm since the 848? I think seeing the back wheel makes the bike, love my 848 even more now..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Shite Post!

I always love when people don't understand the responsibility of owning a computer, nor do they understand that the words which they post, are untrue in many cases, that they actually hurt a company's new bike.

For those in the ROW (Rest of World), I am sorry for you, as this is the muffler set you will get. For you US Wankers, you really need to check your facts, the US version will come with the standard under engine type exhaust.

You think it is even responsible to start a horse shit post like this especially when you have no idea what you are talking about...

Thor

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
I always love when people don't understand the responsibility of owning a computer, nor do they understand that the words which they post, are untrue in many cases, that they actually hurt a company's new bike.

For those in the ROW (Rest of World), I am sorry for you, as this is the muffler set you will get. For you US Wankers, you really need to check your facts, the US version will come with the standard under engine type exhaust.

You think it is even responsible to start a horse shit post like this especially when you have no idea what you are talking about...

Thor

Is this like "French Fries"?

Reactions: Frogger22
1 - 20 of 40 Posts