Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I recently purchased a 2008 Ducati 848 with 4K milage all up to date on its service and what not. And the other day I was riding and I was at the light when I shifted down a little too hard into first gear dumb move worse than punching a wall and long story short it got stuck and would not shift up or down luckily I was a mile away from home and rode in 1st gear really slow all the way home. So I took it to a euro sport certified Ducati dealer and their talking about $2300 because they unjammed it took it for a ride around the block and it jammed again so it's something internal rather than external. I got the bike for a fairly good price but I don't have that type of money to just cough up like that , please any ideas or recommendations? I'm just a young Corporal E4 in love with Ducati bikes and I finally get one and this happens :(

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What he said. Easy enough to fix if you have the crankcase puller tool, which is still a relatively cheap tool to find. Certainly not a $2300 fix. I've fixed mine twice for not even 10% of that. I'm pretty sure there's a good write-up here as well.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Are you doing this at a shop near base? If yes, go get your bike and pay them what they charge for the inspection.
Then take your bike to a shop and hour from base if you don't have the resources to fix it yourself.
These clowns near bases know that they can totally screw Marines.
If you argue or don't pay, they just go to your CO and the money is withdrawn from your check.
Bunch of crooks. I have seen it too many times. All those Buy Here Pay Here places off of LeJeune. UGH!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thank you guys so much I really appreciate your help and I was able to get everything taking care of for a lot cheaper than that through a good friend of mine with that video and some elbow grease. I been to Lejeune though and I definitely know what your talking about but I moved to an I&I in Texas so there's no real Marine base here just some reserve bases. That's funny though brought back memories once again thank you all for your help I was really down in the dumps.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Good work my boy! Ride that thing with respect, youll love it, it will love you.

WEAR ALL YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR. Even when its hot. Id rather sweat than bleed. Im sure that makes sense to you.

The most pain one could experience is having your skin cleaned and abraided after road rash. Dont be that.

Good luck, enjoy that magnificent bike!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Pretty common issue, that just costs you a tube of sealant and some time. Glad you fixed it. Make sure you clean and dry the hardware, then install with locktite, green 9r blue works well at that postion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts