Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having trouble finding a medium length rear hugger to fit my 1198sp with full Akropovic Evo system. The previous owner gave me an unknown brand short one but it is not close to fitting due to exhaust. I ordered a Bestem medium hugger and not only does it rub the oem size tire but hits the exhaust. Someone out there must have same exhaust-I hope. Any suggestions? TIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
This alledgedly fits: DUCATI 848 1098 1198 CARBON FIBER REAR FENDER HUGGER TERMIGNONI AKRAPOVIC 70MM | eBay

From the ad:
You are Buying a TOP QUALITY DUCATI 848 1098 1198 CARBON FIBER REAR FENDER HUGGER.
MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE 70MM FULL TERMIGNONI OR AKRA 70MM PIPE --- IT HAS THE BIGGER CLEARANCE SO IT FITS PERFECTLY AROUND THE EXHAUST TUBE.

Proudly made by our experts Here at 1CARBONTECH With only the Highest Quality 3K Carbon Fibre.
Full 100% Carbon fiber inside and out, Unlike All competitor's mix of carbon with Glass, that are brought from overseas and re-sold in America.
(be careful with cheap imitation sellers)
STICK TO THE BEST QUALITY-DON'T BUY CHEAP CRAPPY STUFF!!!!

If the Ebay listing disappears the brand is CarbonTech

·
Registered
4 Posts
This alledgedly fits: DUCATI 848 1098 1198 CARBON FIBER REAR FENDER HUGGER TERMIGNONI AKRAPOVIC 70MM | eBay

From the ad:
You are Buying a TOP QUALITY DUCATI 848 1098 1198 CARBON FIBER REAR FENDER HUGGER.
MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE 70MM FULL TERMIGNONI OR AKRA 70MM PIPE --- IT HAS THE BIGGER CLEARANCE SO IT FITS PERFECTLY AROUND THE EXHAUST TUBE.

Proudly made by our experts Here at 1CARBONTECH With only the Highest Quality 3K Carbon Fibre.
Full 100% Carbon fiber inside and out, Unlike All competitor's mix of carbon with Glass, that are brought from overseas and re-sold in America.
(be careful with cheap imitation sellers)
STICK TO THE BEST QUALITY-DON'T BUY CHEAP CRAPPY STUFF!!!!

If the Ebay listing disappears the brand is CarbonTech
Thanks for that, it looks like the Akrapovic system sits more forward, and leans to the centre more aggressively than the termi pipes. Anything that is going to fit will have exposed swingarm adjacent to the pipes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, this is the one I bought but it doesn’t fit as is, the company has offered to remove material if I mark it appropriately. I’m not sure that’s the route to take but I’m running out of options. I’m just surprised that not more people have had this problem and found a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, this is the one I bought but it doesn’t fit as is, the company has offered to remove material if I mark it appropriately. I’m not sure that’s the route to take but I’m running out of options. I’m just surprised that not more people have had this problem and found a solution.
The mechanic I bought the exhaust from said only the std hugger will fit, but I don't have one currently. So will they build one from your chop and return?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have an exact one like that carbontech brand without the "indent" on the right side. Akrapovic Evo 3 exhaust and I have a few millimeters of clearance.

Try repositioning your exhaust pipe. The slightest twist might give you just enough space you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts