Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my Monster after many years and just bought the Multistrada 1260S. So far I am loving the bike...

One quick question though, does the Skyhook suspension automatically set the rear Sag when you start the bike, or is that a manual adjustment like a manual suspension?

Can the suspension be stiffened up just using the settings function? I know the suspension is stiffer in sport mode vs touring are those fixed settings?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi John go to your menu settings you can adjust your preload front and back the preload it goes from 0 to 24, 24 being the hardest

·
Registered
1 Posts
The forks are manually adjusted. Do this by turning the big nut on top of the right hand fork leg.
I’ve studied the default skyhook settings from y MY2019 Multi 950 s.

Have concluded that the damping settings are set to the same values for all for riding modes.
The front preload is only manually adjustable.
The rear preload sees a considerable variation in setting between the different riding modes.

This strikes me as odd.
The preload is related to sag and with that to ride height. Not with hardness of the suspension.
I would have expected similar preload values for the different modes. Only varying with load (pillion or luggage). I could have understood a higher ride height for Enduro but not the differences between touring and sport.
Likewise I would have expected variation in damping to realize a harder ride in sport and a softer in Urban with Touring in between.

How does this compare with the default for the other Skyhook bikes like the 1260?
My experience is only with the 1200 my 2010 which was different altogether.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts