Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
No, those look ugly imo. I got the woodcraft rearsets. It was between wc and vortex. Heard that vortex chews up soles like nothing.

No complaints for the woodcraft. No regrets for them, as they look very stunning! Call Sportsbiketrackgear for them, I got mine for $330 shipped. Complete kit.

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, those look ugly imo. I got the woodcraft rearsets. It was between wc and vortex. Heard that vortex chews up soles like nothing.

No complaints for the woodcraft. No regrets for them, as they look very stunning! Call Sportsbiketrackgear for them, I got mine for $330 shipped. Complete kit.

Can you tell me more about them? I noticed that a lot of members on this forum prefer WC. Also, what is the difference between the complete kit and the cheaper one?

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Those heel guards look absolutely worthless...kind of surprised by that since Fast by Feracci started out by making parts for racing, and they still do. I sure wouldn't use those rear sets though for that...

Podium Racing (now Citta Corsa) and Woodcraft and pretty much the best bang for your buck.

Reactions: 1fast750ss

·
Registered
510 Posts
like hero mentioned, complete is with brake lever. the one that doesn't come with the brake lever is $30 cheaper, but imo i think you should spend the extra to get it. Sorry the link wasn't working..

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ducabike for Ducati !

Big fan of these since they are SUPER grippy pegs, come in a huge variety of color combos, can change to GP shift without extra parts, and hook up nice!

Sorry I don't have better pics of them on my Tri but the link should give you the idea too. You can find them on sale at a few places and at least they are cheaper than Ducati Performance ones! :stick poke

BellissiMoto - DucaBike Rearsets for the 1199 Panigale

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gunny, they do look nice but are a bit out my price range. I wouldn't want to spend more than ~300.

I do like the look of the WC and seems like it fits my price range + good reviews

·
Registered
510 Posts

Personally me, I'm not a fan of flashy colors n' all (besides the fact that a ducati/esp in red is flashy already). I like simplicity and therefore the all blacks are for me. They blend in with the bike and can't notice them. The pegs are more than enough for grip on the wc. Hell, anything other than the stocks are grippier including the aftermarket pegs. Like i mentioned, the vortex were too grippy, that they tear stuff apart. I felt like they were sharp at the same time (heard you can file it down) but at that point you might as well just get something else) Took me a few months to do research on what I wanted, and woodcraft seemed to be the best. The company looks stable, so i don't have to worry about not being able to get replacement parts if i ever wreck and break them. Do your share of research, and make sure you get quality parts at the same time as budget.

·
Registered
369 Posts
WC are sure nice and works great on the track, but I sometimes find them a bit too simplistic.
IMO nothing beats the status, adjustability, and aesthetics of Gilles.Tooling rearset to match the Ducati.

I would get Acculigns if they were still available. Since they are not, Gilles would come second and finally WC would come a close third.

I have a set for sale (selling the bike). PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WC are sure nice and works great on the track, but I sometimes find them a bit too simplistic.
IMO nothing beats the status, adjustability, and aesthetics of Gilles.Tooling rearset to match the Ducati.

I would get Acculigns if they were still available. Since they are not, Gilles would come second and finally WC would come a close third.

They do look nice, but I think I am leaning towards the WC as I value the simplicity + functionality over the bling factor. Don't get me wrong, the Gilles do look nice. Out of curiosity, what are you willing to let them go for? My bike's in the shop right now and they would be placing an order.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
They do look nice, but I think I am leaning towards the WC as I value the simplicity + functionality over the bling factor. Don't get me wrong, the Gilles do look nice. Out of curiosity, what are you willing to let them go for? My bike's in the shop right now and they would be placing an order.
Woodcraft > Gilles. Parts replacement could become an issue if damaged. I prefer Satos for this very reason but they are almost twice as much as WC.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

Funny...the Podium Racing rearsets are almost identical to Acculigns (probably at least 95% similarity)...and half the price. Doesn't surprise me Acculign went out of business :popcorn:

The Gilles are nice, but again...worthless heel guards. For anyone that does track days or leans his bike over into turns, don't get rear sets that have a thin piece of carbon as a heel guard. Sure they look cool, but as soon as you put your heel into it when leaning into a turn, it's gone!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes the podium ones are definitely not bad. I was going to purchase the podium ones for their price but I was discouraged by the "unknown" wait time and broken promises from the company. There are many discussions regarding how Podium copied Acculigns and vice versa. The truth in these statements remain unknown so I would not cast any opinions on either.

I've done track days with the Gilles and never had a problem. Perhaps I am not hard core enough but the Gilles rearset can be found on many other track bikes as well as the well-known company Durbahn who I'm sure tracks their bike pretty hard. Durbahn Home. I would not spread bias on what is worthless and what isn't.

It's true the WC may be more durable at the track and more parts available however, but as my bike goes on track and on the street and I think the Gilles did a better job merging beauty, status, and functionality which is what defines a Ducati.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

Yeah, I believe it's the Vortex rear sets that my buddy has on his 1198 and they are so fucking sharp on the pegs that if you barely graze(while even pushing the bike) your shin, you'll be bleeding. I can't imagine what they'd do to boots/shoes. They look like some sort of a weapon. :wtf:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, I went with the WC set. What are advantages and disadvantages of having the shifter reversed to a GP setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum
When you're full lean on the left, it's easier to upshift by pushing down than up and possibly pinching your foot between the bike/ground.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts