Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been using the pirelli superbike pro for some time now and i love them because they stay with in my budget, but this year pirelli is droping the 190/55 in favor of the 200/55 rear tire, i really want to stay with the super bike pro has any one fitted a 200 profile slick with the stock swing arm on the 916/998 series bike

ps:i do have a 6'' wheel

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Juan, if it's for the 748, why would you want to have such a large contact patch for that bike? It's almost too much as it may induce too much squat on acceleration, creating push.

Not only that but the profile will effect transitioning capabilities on that bike.

You may want to think about maybe going along the lines of a higher profile, yet narrower cross size.

Just some .02 to think about.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tye I'm going to give a go I'm going to order the new tires then see how close they get to the swing arm then thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juan, if it's for the 748, why would you want to have such a large contact patch for that bike? It's almost too much as it may induce too much squat on acceleration, creating push.

Not only that but the profile will effect transitioning capabilities on that bike.

You may want to think about maybe going along the lines of a higher profile, yet narrower cross size.

Just some .02 to think about.

Yes is for my 748 but now it has a 999r motor on it now, but like tye said for the tire I use that what they are offering witch it sucks they kind of strong arming people into buying one size

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
That took a bit of work on the frame to stuff that R motor into it. But very nice!

If you are interested in trying something different, I can get Bridgestone race slicks in 190/55. Maybe for future reference.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Yea, the Bridgestones aren't that great however… Neither is the Pirelli Superbike Pro. But hey, some people aren't fast enough to tell the difference so I just let 'em run what they want. Plus, the fast guys can burn through tires like water and not care, they're winning races! heh ;)

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Yea, the Bridgestones aren't that great however… Neither is the Pirelli Superbike Pro. But hey, some people aren't fast enough to tell the difference so I just let 'em run what they want. Plus, the fast guys can burn through tires like water and not care, they're winning races! heh ;)
I know tire choices are solely dependant upon the rider. I like the feel of the bridgestones myself. I was a fan of the Michelins but found the Bridgies gave me better feel up front.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I know tire choices are solely dependant upon the rider. I like the feel of the bridgestones myself. I was a fan of the Michelins but found the Bridgies gave me better feel up front.
Its the wear characteristics which are the problem. Lots of guys swear by the Bridgestones, but only get HALF the life out of them compared to the Dunlops.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That took a bit of work on the frame to stuff that R motor into it. But very nice!

If you are interested in trying something different, I can get Bridgestone race slicks in 190/55. Maybe for future reference.
it wasnt bad at all the motor bolts right up, the air box on the other hand was a bit tricky but is nothing that cant be done with a bit of fiberglass, ill post some pics of the whole build once i have some extra time, as far i could give bridgestones a try but the biggest concern is longevity, i used this bike on mostly track days

tye i deff could tell the diference on the grip, between my superbike sc1 sc2 cobo on my gixxer race bike but my duc has to be kept on a tighter budget since is the bike i practice with and i just cant let it go lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts