Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2011 848 it had an integrated tail light and a Comp Werkes fender eliminator. I removed the tail and am trying to install turn signals in the vents. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to wire the signals. I have searched for hours.

The turn signal wires are the brown and green wires on the left right? The right is the tail and brake light?

These are the turn signals I have.

And these connectors are included.

I would like to keep 1/2 the tail light flashing and have the turn signals flash too. Thanks for any help and again, I have searched for hours. I have no idea what I am doing, but can learn.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It appears you've got the cables correctly identified for sure, but where is the ground for the blinkers? I've taken that tail off and thrown it in a box, haven't really looked in there and seen how the ground works. Thats your first order of business in my view. Once you nail that down, the rest should be easy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Smoke, if you need help, let me know. I'm in Hawaii as well. I have my stock tail on the side and TST currently on the bike. I have insight as to whats going on. I just dont know how to explain my my post.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tuned and topgeartech. I put the tail back on for now. I gotta get it taken care of soon because I need a SAFETY CHECK and registration by January 31. Green is right rear turn signal brown is left rear turn signal. I am guessing that the ground is the black on the right side of the first picture that I posted. I am going to buy new LED turn signals and try again. If I am not mistaken the LED turn signals have ONLY a power and ground wire. So power to green and brown and ground to black? Not too sure. topgeartech I could definitely use some help on connecting the LED wires.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im guessing the integrated turn signals use the common ground from the black wire as you stated. You probaby could leave the turn signal wires disconnected and just tapped the factory wiring. The factory wiring should have the 2-wires intact.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I partially met my goal by getting it hooked up at the way I wanted. To help forum members, when I bought my SUPERBIKE it had an integrated tail light. There are no markings or labels, but my professional/educated opinion is that the light is a COMPS WERKES. So, green is right, brown is left and black is ground. I am so not an electronics guy, but hooked it all up through trial and error.

The reason that I say I partially met my goal is because I am pretty sure that I still will not pass SAFETY CHECK. The vent signals that I just hooked up are GtG BUT because I did not eliminate the integrated tail light signals, I think that I am still illegal. IMO My set up is safer than the law requires but illegal. 1. I believe that the integrated tail is illegal and unsafe. 2. The vent signals are legal and safe. 3. My choice, the integrated tail and vent signals are MOST safe (Which is why I chose that set up.) but because I did not eliminate the integrated tail, I am likely illegal.

Anyway, I hope that the wiring explanation helps someone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just installed mine last weekend, and the ground in the tail is for all the signals, if you want to rebuild it to original, you must make 2 ground cables to the signal plugs again... it's the black cable in the original 5 cable plug under the seat. in the original bone these where made from 1 to 3 ground cables... somewhere in the bone... succes...

greetz Marcel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.