Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the Duc in person last week, I think some nice LED "V" shaped rear turn signal inserts mounted in the rear vent exit would look killer.

Now, where can I find some?

I've got a electronics guru locally that says he could make some sweet LEDs custom fit to mount inside those vents, but that would be somewhat of a PITA imo.

Anyone have a website with something similar?

edWord

·
Registered
62 Posts
For that I guess we would have to wait a few months. Nothing yet as the bike isn't out even state side fully. Give it a few more months and check on ebay.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hyper lite actually makes a nice set of "inside tail" LED blinkers. They come in different sizes and configurations...

Here they are installed on an Agusta...

The only drawback to these lights are that they atract unwanted attenion from the police. You'll get pulled over, because they'll think you don't have blinkers on your bike. Not all cops will care, both those that want to bust your balls will.

IMO, a nice set of mini LED's in place of the large OEM Ducati blinkers will look trick and keep the heat off your back....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know about everywhere else, but in Texas you're not even required to HAVE turn signals. Hand signals are acceptable.
That being said, I think it is illegal to display a white light (except the license plate light) on the rear of any vehicle in EVERY state in the union.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
paul sonderfan said:
I don't know about everywhere else, but in Texas you're not even required to HAVE turn signals. Hand signals are acceptable.
That being said, I think it is illegal to display a white light (except the license plate light) on the rear of any vehicle in EVERY state in the union.
Paul, your absolutely correct. It is illegal in all states to have any white light on the rear of your vehicle, other than your reverse and plate lighting. But, the LED’s I have mentioned do not blink white. They’re amber in color. The lens can be clear, as long as the light itself meets local DOT requirements. For a standard registered vehicle (not police, military or fire / rescue) the colors most DOT recognize as “legal” are red, amber and white. Case in point are late model BMW’s which can be ordered directly from the factory with clear rear and corner blinker lenses. These of course have amber bulbs. Last but not least, ALL road-approved lighting must be stamped with the DOT approval. The majority of these aftermarket blinker and light kit are not, so if anything you need to watch out for that, but if the lights look amber / yellowish, red and so fourth, chances are you won’t have anyone looking at them close enough to give you a hard time. It’s these guys running around with clear lens and blue, green, and purple lights that are causing the problems.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Here's something I did to my 996.... Color matched the mirrors, then installed a series of wide-angle BRIGHT amber LED's. They were actually brighter and easier to see than the OEM blinkers that were down by the air tubes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I deff need a pair of LED tails for sure.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
There are available from carbonworld.de in Germany (great company for carbon fiber accessories by the way)...

They're VERY similar to the LP mini LED's I purchased for my Agusta.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can I just get her to do my turn signaling instead?
DucatiGuy said:
Here's something I did to my 996.... Color matched the mirrors, then installed a series of wide-angle BRIGHT amber LED's. They were actually brighter and easier to see than the OEM blinkers that were down by the air tubes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the way teh LEDs are on the Augusta, look preety neat. I would deff get a pair like this. I want to clean up the bottom protion and see to put the plates somewhere else I be good. I just love the clean look.

·
Registered
328 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Here's my MV with an Evo plate bracket and clear LP mini blinkers....

That is a nice setup, and I would like to get one for my Brutale. Where did you get this?

CAG

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The plate bracket is from http://www.evoluzione.net/ and the blinkers are from LP. You can pick the blinkers up from just about any motorcycle shop or mail order company. You can get both the bracket and the blinkers for under $100, and installation is very easy.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
WOW!! No offense but you dug up EVERY post on turn signals just so you could post about your signals??

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
....how many times do we have to watch it Cassi....is 5 times too little, or is once enough?

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Should be on Squidly Gixxer.com BEEP BEEP!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts